• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Healthier lifestyle choices, nutritional healing, fitness, running, walking etc.

I've always been a nutrition and natural healing guru, but after losing my job at the barn I sank into a NASTY depression and promptly gained back most of the 30 pounds I'd lost over 2 years working there. I realized this was not healthy for me, and I hated the way I was feeling, so I joined a cheap gym and have been going every day that I can. Its been only 3 weeks and I'm already seeing GREAT progress on getting my clothes to fit better, and I'm feeling better! I designed my workouts so that I get a good mix of cardio and weights with a yoga routine at the end, and fashioned the daily workouts to mimic working in the barn for full-body toning. I now look forward to going to the gym everyday. It's really improved my mood and fitness levels. Best $10 a month I've ever spent!

Hi,

I've recently also started working out again and it feels good. Walking with the dog almost daily in the woods is sublime healing for, also I use the Woods and the Doggo as my safe place during EMDR and life in general. And since 3 days I gave up coffee and started my glorious Journey in the Wonderful World of Tea. I am blown away how much less 5F reactions I am having because of all this. Just 3 weeks in and ... wauw!!

Thank you!

What's your favourite of dog/woods/tea?
Fav dog is hard. I have a new dog Ruger who helps me with my symptoms, my husband always wanted a doberman so we were saving for one (barely). Then I found someone with an accidently purebred litter. I saw the mom and dad and the pup turns out to be a perfect ptsd companion dog in some people's opinions. I do too. One time he helped me breathe . Catch a steady heavy pace. He was nudging me. Favorite woods right now are the ones at our new house. I have a loop to walk the dogs and I was JUST thinking this morning what you were saying. I love my dog walks! So therapeutic I even suggested I dog sit so I can have more dogs around but we briefly figured I don't have time right now. And finally my favorite tea, so. Hard. To. Choose. Right now-----this rooibos vanilla elderberry blend! I deal loads in loose leaf but also bags. I'd love to know your fav dog/woods/tea too! And anyone else!

Fav dog is hard. I have a new dog Ruger who helps me with my symptoms, my husband always wanted a doberman so we were saving for one (barely). Then I found someone with an accidently purebred litter. I saw the mom and dad and the pup turns out to be a perfect ptsd companion dog in some people's opinions. I do too. One time he helped me breathe . Catch a steady heavy pace. He was nudging me. Favorite woods right now are the ones at our new house. I have a loop to walk the dogs and I was JUST thinking this morning what you were saying. I love my dog walks! So therapeutic I even suggested I dog sit so I can have more dogs around but we briefly figured I don't have time right now. And finally my favorite tea, so. Hard. To. Choose. Right now-----this rooibos vanilla elderberry blend! I deal loads in loose leaf but also bags. I'd love to know your fav dog/woods/tea too! And anyone else!
Fav Doggo is my main man Raka from my Girl. He is an Australian Cattle Dog and keeps me in the moment and aware. Love him almost as much as my Girl. ;)

Fav Woods is the Woods were my Girl lives and I will too asap. Lots of pine trees and open 'Heide' as we say in Flanders, Belgium. It actually called the Antwerpse Kempen. Love it.

My favourite Thee depends on the time of day, which state I am in and what ever tickles my Tea Bone. Russian Earl Grey is nice, but to mellow out I gotto go with Camomile thee. When its hot fresh Mint Thee preferably Maghreb Stylo. Ginger Thee before QT is also supreme niceness.

My fave dog is the German Shepherd although if mixed with Golden Retriever and hips fixed, that makes the PERFECT Service dog! I had one, he was amazing.

Tea....I love all herbal organic tea. I deal in herbal medicine so I love to make teas all the time for various ailments.

The woods are amazing, I especially love if there's a running water source in there somewhere. Wish I had some woods to meander in, but I'm in a big city and the green space keeps getting turned into businesses, parking lots, and high-rises.

Back