• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Healthy Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyLou

Learning
CMHT referred me to Healthy Minds, I rang this morning and have an appointment booked for 22nd Dec. Has anyone else been referred to Healthy Minds before? What was the assessment like? What kind of help were you offered after it?

Hey,

I was referred forever ago (say ten years or so, it was just IAPT back then for anyone else wondering, n it's NHS for our across the pond mates).

It was pretty decent for getting in to speak to someone quickly n kinda working out a plan of where to go from there. Good for emotional regulation etc. Mostly designed for anxiety/depression, but decent enough for a first step if anxiety or depressive *symptoms* are bothering you, regardless of diagnosis.

Limited imo as a thing, but good for what it is.

CMHT referred me to Healthy Minds, I rang this morning and have an appointment booked for 22nd Dec. Has anyone else been referred to Healthy Minds before? What was the assessment like? What kind of help were you offered after it?

I accessed a similar service in my area. It was really helpful and a great starting point to understanding better what is going on for you and implementing some coping and regulation skills.

The assessment isn't too intrusive, they will just be wanting to get a sense of what things are like day to day for you, what support structures you have in place, if you present with an risk (just so they are aware) and things you might have done in the past or might help looking forward.

In my experience it is fairly CBT heavy and while I think that gets a bit of a bad rep (often for good reason) there were elements of it that really suited for me. I felt a lot of safety in the structure.

For me it was a good starting point. I hope it all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back