• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hearing weird things when you wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lilac98 I have a question for you. (Please don't get upset with me for it, it's just a question.)

In your reply to anthony you talked about your symptoms but you didn't talk about trauma that meets PTSD diagnosis.

Do you feel/ think the trauma you endured meets the level of trauma needed for the diagnosis?
Probably I don't know I'm not diagnosing myself

You've mentioned two events with your grandad that are abuse (I'm trying to avoid words you said you want avoided, apologies if I haven't avoided them all). I don't know the specifics of those, and you never need to say if you don't want to, but if they are in the category of abuse you have mentioned then they are traumatic events that are listed in the criteria of traumas.

I hope you are able to get help soon to find out whether you do have PTSD or not.

When I read all your different threads I get the feeling there's so much more you haven't been able to express yet. All of them seem to be going in different directions but I think eventually you'll have your answers.

You've mentioned two events with your grandad that are abuse (I'm trying to avoid words you said you want avoided, apologies if I haven't avoided them all). I don't know the specifics of those, and you never need to say if you don't want to, but if they are in the category of abuse you have mentioned then they are traumatic events that are listed in the criteria of traumas.
I've explained the two incidents here

I've explained the two incidents here
I’m finding it hard to respond because I think I’m coming at this from an unhealthy place for me, which is likely to be unhelpful to you, given my trauma is sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back