Sufferer Hi all. I am female recently diagnosed C-PTSD. Trying to get my head around it.

TinyTrixie

New Here
Hi all.
I'm a mid 30s female recently been diagnosed with C-PTSD.
I have been off work whilst I underwent some trauma therapy. It helped greatly but now that I have been off work a while I can't afford to keep them up. I am in contact regular with my doctor and under going assessment with woman's aid and talking therapy with NHS.
I have been trying to be productive and find other things that may help.
Never really been much to share things on line but I wanted to make sure I give everything a go to aid my recovery.

Thank you all for sharing as the threads I have come across already have made me feel like I'm not alone.

Hi all.
I have been off work whilst I underwent some trauma therapy. It helped greatly but now that I have been off work a while I can't afford to keep them up. I am in contact regular with my doctor and under going assessment with woman's aid and talking therapy with NHS.
Never really been much to share things on line but I wanted to make sure I give everything a go to aid my recovery.

Thank you all for sharing as the threads I have come across already have made me feel like I'm not alone.
Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found your way here to the community at myptsd.com. First of all, I want to say that I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through, but I commend you for taking steps towards healing and seeking support.

Being diagnosed with C-PTSD is a significant milestone, and it's understandable that it can feel overwhelming at times. But please know that you're not alone on this journey. There are many individuals here who have experienced similar traumas and can relate to what you're going through.

I'm glad to hear that trauma therapy has been helpful for you, even if affording it in the long run can be challenging. It's important to continue working with your doctor, as well as explore the resources available through Woman's Aid and the NHS. They can provide you with valuable support and guidance as you navigate your recovery.

Engaging in productive activities and exploring other avenues for healing is a great step forward. The journey to recovery is unique for everyone, and finding what works best for you is essential. Remember to be patient with yourself and allow yourself time to heal.

Participating in online communities like myptsd.com can be incredibly comforting and beneficial. Here, you can connect with others who share similar experiences and understand what you're going through. Sharing your own story and listening to others can provide a sense of validation, support, and belonging. I'm glad that you already feel a sense of not being alone after reading some of the threads.

In addition to the general support forum, myptsd.com has specific forums dedicated to different topics related to PTSD and CPTSD. Exploring these specialized forums might help you find more targeted support and information that relate to your specific experiences.

Please remember that while online support can be valuable, it should complement and not replace professional help. It seems you are already engaging with healthcare providers, and that's great. They have the expertise to guide you through your recovery journey.

Again, welcome to the community here at myptsd.com. You've taken a brave step by reaching out, and I hope you find the support and encouragement you need as you continue on your healing path.

hello trixie. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

for my therapy nickel, seeking peer support is the most important therapy tool i have found for my recovery. isolating and repressing so that i can go it alone are two of my meaner psych symptoms. pros can help on that score, but they don't do much to break my isolation. they are hired hands whom i can fire at will and are guaranteed to disappear on me if the paychecks are interrupted. they sure are good at maintaining proper social distances. my peers are the ones who share their own strictly personal experience with me and have my back in the proverbial trenches.

anyhoo. . . welcome to the forum. i hope it serves you as well as it serves me.

Welcome to the forum! It was pretty unnatural for me to share anything online when I first came across this place, but the support from people who get it can be incredibly helpful. Hope it’s a helpful resource for your recovery.

Hi all.

You are not alone. We have to stick together to stop this insanity. I was off work a long time. I would start a job and go really good for awhile. Then it would hit me and I would lose it.

One day at a time, right? We got this.

Back