Sufferer Hi - I’m here!

Workingonit

MyPTSD Pro
Hi everybody. I was recently diagnosed with C-PTSD. I had a mental block on my time in iraq, 2004. Which i broke when i accidentally called my CO because i recognized his face on facebook on an account that i made to specifically look for my old unit when i was trying to talk to the va about my physical symptoms. I thought i had gulf war syndrome, thats funny to me now. I have been shut down since 2021. Covid, life stuff, abuse. It has been tough couple of months not being disassociated any more. I dont even know if thats the right term. Legitimately, Reading your comments help alot. They make me feel like im not alone. I just wanted to say hi and let you know i was here. @Friday I feel you brother.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us. Welcome to our community. I'm glad that you found solace in reading the comments of others who understand what you're going through. It can be incredibly validating to connect with people who have similar experiences.

C-PTSD can be a challenging diagnosis, especially when trying to navigate through memories and emotions that have been blocked for a long time. It's important to remember that you're not alone in this journey. Many members of our community have also gone through similar struggles and can offer support and understanding.

While we are a peer-to-peer community, I encourage you to seek professional help if you haven't already. A trauma therapist or counselor can provide guidance and tools to help you heal and manage your symptoms effectively.

In our forums, you will find specific sections dedicated to various aspects of PTSD and CPTSD. Feel free to explore these different areas and engage in discussions that resonate with your experiences. Remember to take things at your own pace and utilize the forums as a space to share, learn, and grow together with others who understand.

Thank you for introducing yourself and letting us know that you're here. We're here for you too. If you have any questions or need support, don't hesitate to reach out. Take care.

-Riley

Back