1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

His health, my anxiety

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Pippi427, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mytime

Mytime Well-Known Member

Roller derby, that would be a great way to relieve stress. I would just want to be on your team :)

Never_falter, Freida and Pippi427 like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Pippi427

Pippi427 Active Member

Aww man, I have the BEST team. I highly recommend a group of strong women for support outside one's relationship...if you are a girl that is.

4. Mytime

Mytime Well-Known Member

Lol, yep I’m a girl :)

Never_falter likes this.
  5. katz

katz Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that I found this thread.
    My husband is physically bad off. He has multiple disk problems in his back. He is not able to work. I have problems even getting him to help around the house. I have come home from a 10 hour day only to find that he has not even run the dishwasher. When I married him, he was working full time and his cheerful self. Now, all he does is complain how bad he feels and tells me that I need to do more around the house. He is angry, since he is so sore--but he takes it out on me.

I have been working 10 hour days for the past 20+ years. Now, I have physical problems from a fall last winter. I went down in the back parking lot, on new concrete. I went to the emergency and had hit my upper back, neck and had a concussion. I'm still trying to get treatment for the pain. All while working 10 hour days, and now, running a household. I know that it was supposed to be "for better or for worse"...but it sure gets difficult some times. I often want to just sit and cry. But, I can't find the time. I need to work on myself and my terrible past. But, I can't escape the present.

And just think...I'm the one with the PTSD.
    Thanks for listening.

6. Pippi427

Pippi427 Active Member

Girl I get you on the wanting to just sit and cry but not finding the time. I finally did break down and cry again Monday after L and I had a discussion about who to notify if he dies during surgery. Do you have any support at home like another family member or a neighbor to talk to? When you are overwhelmed, it's ok, to work on things a small piece at a time. One thing that really helped me was a women's support group. And a concussion is no joke! I've had those before from sports. Are you needing surgery for your injury?

Never_falter likes this.
  7. Pippi427

Pippi427 Active Member

Having a hard time of it today. L's mom has pretty much taken over which was much needed but now I'm starting to feel like I don't matter. I also haven't had a day off in 2 weeks from work. I'm feeling pretty run down. I'm on call for work for the next week, so I'm praying things will stay calm at work at least. I need a break. I'm also lamenting how well we were getting on before this happened and that's wearing me down more.

Junebug and Never_falter like this.
  8. Pippi427

Pippi427 Active Member

Doing better this week! I caught up on my sleep and finally got a day off after 15 days. L has finally had three days in a row of good news. No surgery needed on the leg and three job interviews and his mom is still helping. It's nice to see him be his happy self again. Family, love, and self care are so important for these guys and ourselves.

Junebug, Never_falter and LuckiLee like this.
  9. Never_falter

Never_falter Well-Known Member Premium Member

Could you hire a help @katz?

Pippi427 likes this.