• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer How do people cope? PTSD sufferer struggling with motivation and depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it was Mirtazapine 45mg that was distinctly different to all the other "try this" and works very well for me. But I stress we are all slightly different physiology hence what works for me may not work the same for everyone.
Please do consider the mindfulness but only if you believe it may help because it needs investing belief. For me it has been my life-saver, literally; but it seems others have tried it without the same positive effect. So I guess maybe it is like meds - what works for one does not necessarily work for all. I can only say that with real-world one to one contact with other PTSD-ers they have all embraced it and stated this helps them too. I hope your symptoms become more settled.

Thank you for all your help. Sometimes it helps knowing what to try as thinking in general is overwhelming some days! I use mindfulness with my staff so will try it more myself. Especially for sleep. Thank you again and I too hope your symptoms settle.

So sorry for what you dealing with. It's a lot, but you are now on the road to learning how to cope. Perhaps check with your job about short-term disability to allow you more time to progress further in therapy and still have some finances to live on. If they don't, consider discussing with your therapist for other options. It's may be difficult at times, but don't be afraid to ask for help. Prayers for courage, strength and guidance.

So sorry for what you dealing with. It's a lot, but you are now on the road to learning how to cope. Perhaps check with your job about short-term disability to allow you more time to progress further in therapy and still have some finances to live on. If they don't, consider discussing with your therapist for other options. It's may be difficult at times, but don't be afraid to ask for help. Prayers for courage, strength and guidance.
Thank you that means a lot x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back