• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I walked out of my house, alone, and went to the PO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumstheword

MyPTSD Pro
This is a big deal for me, right now.

Struggling with bad, agoraphobia, well it's not exactly, agoraphobia, more like social phobia. I can manage when I have someone with me but, generally, going out, in public, alone, is some thing I'm exceedingly avoidant of.

So, I went down to the PO, mostly motivated by my concern for my kid, coz he's sick at home, a cold, I think, but, I ordered a bunch of immune boosting supplements and soothing elderberry and vit C lozenges from iherb. So I went down to the PO and got them.

I saw someone, I knew, from, my old life. She commented on my hair. She hadn't noticed I don't have dreadlocks anymore, until now, even though I'd since her since pulling them out. She said my hair looked "amazing". I have very curly, ringletty, big, frizzy, "white person fro" hair.

It was ok though. Even though I panicked when I saw her.

Cheering for you!!! There were times my throat would swell up and I could not breath if I simply touched the door knob. I know how tough it can be to walk outside, what a huge thing for you!!! :)

Congrats, that takes courage!! 👏 I know I used to not be able to go out alone because of agoraphobia/social phobia.

Most of the time now I walk alone if I need to, but I also carry a can of mace *(tear gas and pepper spray) with me just in case, (reminds me that I can protect myself) and gives me the confidence I usually lack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back