• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer In the worst place of my life, overwhelmed with pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRTG

Learning
Hi everyone. I’m Jess, I’m new here. My therapist has been actively encouraging me to join online groups to discuss/meet new people etc. It took me a while to post, so here I am!

I’m truthfully in the worst place I’ve been my whole life. My avoidance is currently extreme, my shell is harder than ever and my physical/emotional pain is shocking. Don’t you love the 10/11/12pm night terrors.

It would benefit me greatly to talk to people, hear people’s stories etc. I think that’s one of the things I really do need right now.

Keep well, J x

My therapist has been actively encouraging me to join online groups to discuss/meet new people etc.

Welcome!

It's great that you are taking your therapist's suggestion. It's not always easy to do that.

There are lots of stories and people to talk to here.

I am sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope that being here becomes beneficial for you. It is very helpful for me.

Welcome J. It can be terrifying to crack open the shell but I also find that healthy relational interaction does wonders for me. So I think you are being brave and showing steps of self care .

Hi everyone. I’m Jess, I’m new here.
Hi Jess. Glad to meet you. Sorry for what brings you here. Ah, life.
My therapist has been actively encouraging me to join online groups to discuss/meet new people etc. It took me a while to post, so here I am!
Hiya! You'll find a lot of great folks to chat with here. We've all been through it. Many, if not most, are still going through it on varying levels.
I’m truthfully in the worst place I’ve been my whole life.
Yup. Been there...a couple times. I think I live just on the other side of a short fence between me and my worst places. I probably had one two nights ago.
My avoidance is currently extreme, my shell is harder than ever and my physical/emotional pain is shocking. Don’t you love the 10/11/12pm night terrors.
No! Nobody loves night terrors. Lol. I get your sarcasm. 😉
It would benefit me greatly to talk to people, hear people’s stories etc. I think that’s one of the things I really do need right now.
Let's do it! You can read most of our stories in our forum posts, especially trauma diaries. Or just ask questions. We're here.
Keep well, J x
You too, my friend. You too. 🤠

I'm fairly new to the site (late October myself) and very new to this journey. Night terrors are the worst. I hope you can start sleeping better soon. It took me taking meds for them to start sleeping more than a couple of hours a night and it took about a month of this struggle to get to be willing to do so. I also have been shutting down and have found this website helpful. I hope you do too! Glad you're here!

This is a good resource to use. You are not alone in your struggles as most of us here can relate to your stresses and concerns. Glad you have been encouraged to look for support via a group such as this. Personally, I think it is the most active and most supportive one on the "net". You are safe here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back