• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingDove

Learning
I am a domestic abuse survivor spiritual abuse survivor survivor of a major health crisis. My family of origin was dysfunctional controlling authoritarian. I came across this statement and it helped further my healing. I am working on not blaming myself focusing on all the " bad" things I did etc. We do not know what nobody can deny.

I found it immensely helpful to be told that even though I feel broken, I'm actually perfectly healthy. It was the situations I had to go through that were sick. They affected me the way they would affect any perfectly healthy, sane, caring, feeling person. It was a relief to hear that, as I had so much self-blame for how I was feeling and reacting and like I was weak and stuff. Nope! I'm just normal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back