• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Intrusive Suicidal Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overcoming

Confident
As much as I don't necessarily "want" to do it, I'm having intrusive thoughts and a feeling that I'm about to black out and act on them without my control. Like dissociation and meeting the breaking point. If that makes sense. I'm having difficulty not thinking about falling into a trance, getting into the car, and killing myself.

You got anyone around you? Or anyone you can call? There's helplines you could use as well and in the UK at least there's crisis teams.

I don't think we have spoken much, but I had a quick scroll through your posts n saw you had a T in January, you still got one? They given you ways to ground that are helpful sometimes?

You got anyone around you? Or anyone you can call? There's helplines you could use as well and in the UK at least there's crisis teams.

I don't think we have spoken much, but I had a quick scroll through your posts n saw you had a T in January, you still got one? They given you ways to ground that are helpful sometimes?
I do. Thanks for asking. There is no reason for me to leave the house tonight that wouldn't be alarming to family. I also have a T. Just have felt beyond grounding.

I'm curious how people "shake off" these thoughts and "snap out" of dissociation.

I make it difficult to get the tools for accomplishing that. Nothing easily close at hand. I don't get upset anymore when the thoughts come. Even agree with myself that that would easily solve a problem. Get out of the darkness.
Made a list with things I have to do first. My T said if I really want to, he can't stop me. I'll find away. This may sound weird, but together we made a list of things that I agreed to try first. Like decide if it's a life problem making me feel overwhelmed or a *hello
Darkness* feeling.
Calling friends and meeting with them. Of course, calling T. Whatever you find has helped in the past. The thoughts aren't bad. But dealing with them like dealing with anger can be a handful or they can just dissolve away on their own after they have reared their ugly head.After I've turned them over and investigated them.
Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back