• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I've finally cured myself of my ED (Eating Disorder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using an app (Recovery Road?) to help me with my disordered eating issues. Been using it a couple of months now.

The settings allow you to customise what you track, so that you can track the issues relevant to you. And you can elect to send the data to a treatment provider (like if you go to TDU, you could send the data to your pdoc), which outlines how you're tracking, where the red flags are, where patterns of issues arise, etc.

Tbh? I don't often recommend specific apps, and checking in 5 times a day is a bit of a pain in the proverbial. But it's definitely helped. My relationship with food has changed noticeably, and this app is definitely one of the reasons.

Something to consider. Be gentle with yourself, you have a lot on your plate right now.

I look back on my eating habits and while I was raised on too many carbs, the food was too cheap. All the carbs did, was compact in my digestive system. I had a thyroid problem that I didn't know about but did find out when I was older.. But the docs wanted to remove my thyroid. ( it was later due to the birth control pill, which I religiously took) but I did nothing about) Well, it didn't do anything different than run a little faster than it does now. I take medication. But man, it weighed me down. Then put 2000 calories of carbs on top and double yuck!! Now. I just eat protein and veggies and still gain weight really easy.

I'm a recovered bullenic. Thats only because I got tired of puking and I have a bad neck. I didn't grow up with meat. So I eat poultry and beef today. I don't remember cooking with a ton of meat. Poor. Now a little meat goes a long way.

I've been using an app (Recovery Road?) to help me with my disordered eating issues. Been using it a couple of months now.

The settings allow you to customise what you track, so that you can track the issues relevant to you. And you can elect to send the data to a treatment provider (like if you go to TDU, you could send the data to your pdoc), which outlines how you're tracking, where the red flags are, where patterns of issues arise, etc.

Tbh? I don't often recommend specific apps, and checking in 5 times a day is a bit of a pain in the proverbial. But it's definitely helped. My relationship with food has changed noticeably, and this app is definitely one of the reasons.

Something to consider. Be gentle with yourself, you have a lot on your plate right now.

Thanks @Sideways :-)
I'm a bit paranoid about apps, but perhaps I'll look into it. It sounds intriguing. I've been motivated to crack down on myself just because I was feeling so utterly rubbish. Was struggling just to get out bed, at all, in the day ... So yeah, I'm super motivated, don't want to go back to that. Totally dysfunctional.

I look back on my eating habits and while I was raised on too many carbs, the food was too cheap. All the carbs did, was compact in my digestive system. I had a thyroid problem that I didn't know about but did find out when I was older.. But the docs wanted to remove my thyroid. ( it was later due to the birth control pill, which I religiously took) but I did nothing about) Well, it didn't do anything different than run a little faster than it does now. I take medication. But man, it weighed me down. Then put 2000 calories of carbs on top and double yuck!! Now. I just eat protein and veggies and still gain weight really easy.

I'm a recovered bullenic. Thats only because I got tired of puking and I have a bad neck. I didn't grow up with meat. So I eat poultry and beef today. I don't remember cooking with a ton of meat. Poor. Now a little meat goes a long way.
Like me. I didn't grow up with meat and was vegetarian for nearly 40 years.
I still love my veggies.
I developed some thyroid issues and prediabetes a few years ago. Dr prescribed me iodine for the thyroid issue and I embarked on the low carb eating path, particular inspired and guided by Dr Micheal Mosley's approach with his "low blood sugar diet" and accompanying recipe book.
I love so many of the recipes it doesn't feel deprivational at all!
So yeah, I'm loving low carb. I'm doing a bit of a combo of that diet, ketogenic, 2:5, and also a little unrestricted eating, as "treat time" as I know that if I go too far down the deprivational path, that that will either back fire, or I go into my previous anorexic mind set where I get a serotonin accomplishment rush from denying myself and that's a road that got me very ill in the past. Don't wanna go backwards.

Thanks for sharing your health/recovery journey with food @Deanna, it does help. Much appreciation. :)

So update: I'm on fast day 2. Last fast day I didn't end up eating anything after the cabbage breakfast. I found another good weight loss back and had that instead.
It was some keto supplement, a potassium Insta Ketones with some beetroot apple cider vinegar and water.
It took my appetite away completely! So it was easy peesey to fast for the remainder of the day. :-)
I had a hot lemon drink with some erythritol for my dinner.

I'm thinking of putting some of my own recipes of meals I've been making coz man, they are yum and pretty healthy and low carb/keto but they are a bit involved so ...yeah, I guess I will if anyone's interested? They aren't veggo though.

Oh, I forgot, today, as fast day 2. I've only had black coffee with erythritol and stevia/monkfruit sweetener, so far, but planning to eat later this afternoon after I have the keto power + cider vinegar.

I'm planning on some baked large Portobello mushrooms, covered in a little Olive oil and fresh ground pepper and salt, baked in the oven, with some goat fetta, fresh spinach, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and some pine nuts on top.

And half a can of baked beans, upgraded with some tomato powder, some mixed herbs, some garlic and onion and red peppers, just stove cooked, with a little Worcestershire sauce and a bit of parmesan cheese. Oh and chilli, I put fresh, powdered, and/or chilli sauce on, just about everything. Fresh ground pepper and salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back