• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other just need a place to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @xlilithx ,
I get that previous negative experience of therapy puts people off. You have to have the right therapist and you have to be in the right mindset for it to work. If you don't have both, it's a struggle.
Never say never though! No point pushing yourself to do therapy if you are not ready. But you might be at another point in the future.

But, charities or an organisation that supports young adults who have been through similar things to you might really help? I live in the UK so don't know about France. But sometimes a support group really helps. Here in the UK there is the charity, 1in4, which was set up by survivors of sexual abuse for survivors. They are great and offer all sorts of support.
Meet other people who have been through what you have irl might help you peice all your experiences together and help with understanding your emotions.

You have been through a lot. And it sounds as though you are very able to rely on yourself and help yourself. Sometimes we do that to the detriment of ourselves. It's our trauma making us too self sufficient which might not always be the best things for us.

In the meantime, here is a place to talk, feel heard and understood, and get ideas and learn from others. I've certainly learnt a lot from everyone here.

Sex industry often has its own support organisations.

Too many people end up working in that industry coming from a background of sexual assault. You may need to ask other women who you knew/know work in the industry, but I'd be surprised if France didn't have one. They do tend to not advertise as vocally as other types of support organisations, so very often its a word of mouth thing.

The reason I suggest that is because it's most likely going to be free, they'll have experience in the types of things that you've faced, but also the reason you ended up there in the first place and how those things interconnect, and likely have fresh ideas for you about 'where to from here'.

Something to consider anyways.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you have reason to be here.

Sex industry often has its own support organisations.

Too many people end up working in that industry coming from a background of sexual assault. You may need to ask other women who you knew/know work in the industry, but I'd be surprised if France didn't have one. They do tend to not advertise as vocally as other types of support organisations, so very often its a word of mouth thing.

Something to consider anyways.

While I'm not seeing French specific resources yet (either my FR & search engine not pals, or I need better search terms)

Red Umbrella Fund may have better ideas of French specific contacts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back