• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lost It - Losing Control Self Conciously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

New Here
Hi Guys,
Stuffed up badly. A guy where my wife works threaten to "to get the F****ing bitch". Saw him in the car park after work and just lost it, I had no control.
I sort of glazed over and went for him. Didn't actually hit him but what concerns me most is that I lost control.

Just when I think the medication and counselling is starting to do me good, I fall off the wagon.

I suppose it going to take a lot longer than I thought.

Thanks for listening.

Socks.

Socks, it takes years to get a grip on PTSD, not weeks or months. Don't beat yourself up about a slip up once in a while, because people without PTSD do it all the time. I know what you saying though.

It happened, move past it, and continue forward. If I dwelled on all the things in my past that PTSD has had cause with, I would be a right mess, let me tell you. I have abused people, punched people, broken peoples bones, stabbed people with their own knife, I have shot at people (though they were sorta legal at the time) and many other things.

Its ok to slip up once in a while, it happens. You identified it though, you are speaking about it, and that is all you need to do. You scared yourself as well as probably scaring the other person, and you know you now have to be a little more self concious, because if you do really lose it, you may do something that lands you in jail... and you know that already I think... I certainly learnt it the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back