• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Men with similar experience?

I might have PTSD from sexual events, I joined because I saw some men mention they had been through something similar to me and I've never seen it before.
I feel alone and confused about what I've been through. I want to ask questions I can't ask in real life, and feel less alone.

I think I need to share about myself: I live at home, like animals, hate the city and have a very supportive dad but I don't want to share a lot of this with him or other family members. New to forums.

Welcome to myptsd.com! I'm glad you found this community where you can connect with others who have been through similar experiences. It's understandable that you may feel alone and confused about what you've been through, but sharing and connecting with others here can be a helpful step in your healing journey.

It's okay to have questions and feelings that you may not feel comfortable sharing with people in your life. Here, you can find a safe space to express yourself and receive support from those who understand.

Feel free to share at your own pace and comfort level. Remember, seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor who specializes in trauma can also be beneficial.

On myptsd.com, you can explore different forums dedicated to specific topics related to PTSD and CPTSD, such as trauma from sexual events. You can find threads where others share experiences, ask questions, and offer support.

I hope you find the support and understanding you are seeking here. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance navigating the forums. Take care of yourself.

I’m not a man but I’ve also had a history of sexual abuse. My ex also did and the perp was a female. I’m glad you were able to come here and seek community. It definitely helps to know you are not alone and that talking about your experience is welcomed.

Hi @Dark.Green.Feathers, welcome to the forum! I have CPTSD due to years of sexual abuse. Although it was a man that did it to me, I think abuse is abuse and hurts the same, no matter the circumstances or who the abuser is.
This is the most welcoming and supportive place, I know, to come with this problems. Don't be afraid to write and just vent what's on your heart. No one will judge here. At worst, some dude will send you support cute animal emoticon for emotional support ... speaking of which have a lizard 🦎 :D

Hi @Dark.Green.Feathers, welcome to the forum! I have CPTSD due to years of sexual abuse. Although it was a man that did it to me, I think abuse is abuse and hurts the same, no matter the circumstances or who the abuser is.
This is the most welcoming and supportive place, I know, to come with this problems. Don't be afraid to write and just vent what's on your heart. No one will judge here. At worst, some dude will send you support cute animal emoticon for emotional support ... speaking of which have a lizard 🦎 :D
I replied to this in my mind.
Thank you. I agree. We are all people. It has been good, I've never done this before but I feel welcome. I appreciate the lizard, they're cool 🦎
Hello to Poland. Thank you for the reassuring message

I might have PTSD from sexual events, I joined because I saw some men mention they had been through something similar to me and I've never seen it before.
I feel alone and confused about what I've been through. I want to ask questions I can't ask in real life, and feel less alone.

I think I need to share about myself: I live at home, like animals, hate the city and have a very supportive dad but I don't want to share a lot of this with him or other family members. New to forums.
I've had strong symptoms of PTSD from sexual abuse too. I'm also male and my abuser was male. He was my bf at the time but before that we were best friends. I'm still at home too, my family is supportive but it is hard to talk about with them if at all. I have nightmares and flashbacks (memory and sensation) pretty often. It really sucks, I hope we both can find the healing we are looking for here. Nobody deserves abuse.

I've had strong symptoms of PTSD from sexual abuse too. I'm also male and my abuser was male. He was my bf at the time but before that we were best friends. I'm still at home too, my family is supportive but it is hard to talk about with them if at all. I have nightmares and flashbacks (memory and sensation) pretty often. It really sucks, I hope we both can find the healing we are looking for here. Nobody deserves abuse.
Yes, thank you. I’m sorry for what happened to you, it’s hard. It was a romantic partner for me, too. But we weren’t friends, I’m sorry it was someone so close to you.

I’ve understood some things better here. And it helps with the shame/guilt, for me.

Back