• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My dad (VENT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaceM

New Here
My dad still acts the same way just today he was arguing with my mom and looked like he was going to hit her and when I freaked out and panic I fell and he told me I should just jump out of a window. There was another time to where he had a knife and was arguing with my mom and I was afraid he would Stab her. My mom can't use her muscles to walk and all he keeps saying is that she's doing it to herself and whenever she asks for help my dad and my brother are mean to her. I'm afraid that she won't be able to walk and they will kill my mom and leave her to die because she is overweight and hasn't been able to walk right. I feel scared and can't really sleep right now and my thoughts are just going over and over again I don't know what to do and feel like I'm going to panic again. (I'm really sorry I think I may of put this in the wrong category, I'm not sure how to take it down.)

Hi Jace, welcome :)

Really sorry you are going through all that and both you and your mum are being abused.

Can I ask if you tried to talk to anyone in person about it? Or just calling a hotline?

As what your dad does is crimes and you're doing nothing wrong at all, and don't deserve to be hurt like that ever.

Awesome you found us & reached out. :tup:

And no worries about categories, we have pretty awesome Staff moving things around all of the time, it ain't no problem. ;)

Hi Jace, welcome :)

Really sorry you are going through all that and both you and your mum are being abused.

Can I ask if you tried to talk to anyone in person about it? Or just calling a hotline?

As what your dad does is crimes and you're doing nothing wrong at all, and don't deserve to be hurt like that ever.

Awesome you found us & reached out. :tup:

And no worries about categories, we have pretty awesome Staff moving things around all of the time, it ain't no problem. ;)
I'm going to be talking to my doctor soon, but I haven't been able to find a therapist I wish I could so I could get better and be away from all of this. Thank you, I've been feeling really on edge and panicky so I thought I'd just vent to help a little.

Hiya @JaceM , sorry your going through that. It must be causing you terrible anxiety and panic. I know what domestic abuse is like because I went through it myself with my dad. I think that you should talk to your docters about it and maybe phone a hotline. (I'm in the uk so not sure what crisis lines you have) Also like other people have mentioned , get a therapist. If your ever really scared i would also advise calling the police. I've had to that when I was a child. All the best to you S3. ?

Hiya @JaceM , sorry your going through that. It must be causing you terrible anxiety and panic. I know what domestic abuse is like because I went through it myself with my dad. I think that you should talk to your docters about it and maybe phone a hotline. (I'm in the uk so not sure what crisis lines you have) Also like other people have mentioned , get a therapist. If your ever really scared i would also advise calling the police. I've had to that when I was a child. All the best to you S3. ?
Thank you, I tried talking to my doctor but I was way to scared to bring it up so I ended up saying something totally different now I'm really regretting it, haha.

I understand your fear. Can you make another appointment with your doctor and if you find it hard to say something, write it out in a letter and hand it to your doctor. You said your mother isn’t in good health, is she wanting to leave the situation or is it something you don’t talk about?

Welcome to the forum ?

I understand your fear. Can you make another appointment with your doctor and if you find it hard to say something, write it out in a letter and hand it to your doctor. You said your mother isn’t in good health, is she wanting to leave the situation or is it something you don’t talk about?

Welcome to the forum ?
I feel like things have gone downhill ever since making this post. My mom seems to be getting worse and can hardly move, but my dad has pretended he changed for right now and be nice but I know he'll probably do it again. The doctors say it's her muscles but my mind keeps telling me she's just going to die and everyone is gonna hurt each other, honestly I feel like I'm in a nightmare. I tried to talk to the doctor about what's been bothering me but I couldn't bring myself to talk so I just wasted there time and forgot to ask for a therapist referral.

I feel so exhausted and tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to talk to the doctor about what's been bothering me but I couldn't bring myself to talk so I just wasted there time and forgot to ask for a therapist referral.

It could be helpful to write everything down on a piece of paper or in a small notebook that you want to talk about with the therapist/doctor before the visit. If you can't bring yourself to talk about it out loud just have the therapist/doctor read it. I have done this myself and it was very helpful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back