• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General My Husband And Nlp Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was also time when hubby had a PTSD moment in the session and the therapist did nothing, he just sat there and then told hubby time was up, leaving him to sort himself out.

Not something I would expect a good therapist to do.

Sadly I don't think it's that uncommon as PTSD is a whole different kettle of fish and most therapists seem to know close to nothing about trauma.

I am glad your H left this person.

Glad to hear NLP is free and sorry to hear access to more is difficult.

It might be worthehile considering online trauma CBT courses. It seems he is a way away from dealing directly with his trauma anyway at present and needs to build stability.

DBT and Trauma focused CBT workbooks may be a big help as an addition to the NLP and there are some courses available online for little cost. Just some things to consider. Hopefully by the time he learns more skills something will open up for him that will enable him to do trauma work.

I may be mistaken but think he is a vet. If he is then the powers that be should be ashamed of themselves.

All packed and ready to go.

Hubby is stressing a little, but is managing his anxiety about the journey quiet well, as he knows the welcome when we get there will be a good one.

So my hubby isn't the only one who triggers/has much higher stress with projects going on in the house. We're remodeling a bathroom and it has been a very stressful 2 weeks for the both of us! Chaos is not our friend right now. Trying to making some renovations to our home before selling as being homeowners is just too much to handle for us right now.

How do you handle when his stress flares or he triggers? We've found that he just has to go somewhere quiet for 15-20 minutes and he'll calm down, because other wise there is no talking to him because everything you say just seems to make him angrier or he'll just disagree with everything, but he knows whats happening but he can't stop it. But I just don't know how to help at all when he's like that other than give him space.

Thanks and it is interesting to learn about other alternative therapies and how people are doing with them. Hubby is only 6-7 weeks into EMDR therapy.

Hi Fruitlo0pie

I have posted for a very long time and thought I would check in today - I wondered how your hubbie was doing with the EMDR - this is something my husband is going to start hopefully very soon.

Sending you positive wishes - Sunshine

Well it's come to a hault. He's being triggered every other day right now. Things are not good :( almost finished with renovations and it's just about killed him/hit rock bottom. Trying very hard to get out of the town we're in and away from bad family so he can hopefully have a little security or more than he has here.

His therapist has stopped doing the emdr therapy because of how extra stressed he is right now, but prior to home renovations it seemed to be helping. He was having different dreams, which never happened to him before he started emdr. He seemed to actually be processing memories more, but he was only able to do 3-4 sessions before things started going downhill.

I definitely think it's worth a shot. If your husband is a more complex case, he may not see major improvements in 7-8 sessions like we read prior to giving it a try, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Thanks for the positive wishes and sending good vibes your way.

Hubby needed a top up this week but we cant go down to see them for a couple of months.

So this morning he had half an hour via Skype. The difference even after that short length of time was amazing.

Booked in fro another session in a few weeks time if he needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back