• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Help With New Medication - Seroquel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it, but heard about the high sugar, took a test and my sugar was out of the world, so I stopped.
Propranolol, non-addictive, is a great sedative and mind slowing drug, I take that and lexapro, an anti-depressant.
I think propranolol is my newest miracle find. I've gone through many a drug in my days, but this one is a keeper. I give it five stars.

I have been on a high dose of seroquel and this is what I have to say about it!!!

Elaine-
I have been on 600-900mg of seroquel for about 5 years. While it has done wonders for my sleep and slower thought-process, it (I believe) is destroying me physically. For example, I have a very difficult time with memory and comprehension. I have gained 60 pounds and have very high cholesterol. Recently, I was hospitalized for "stroke like symptoms" and feel very strongly that the situation was related to my taking seroquel. For example, my EEG came back as being "slow" and my brain MRI came back "abnormal". The neurosurgeon specifically told me that he is unable to determine if my test results were due to having a seizure or due to taking seroquel.
I have to imagine that with smaller doses, this may not be an issue. But just an FYI, I also heard an advertisement on TV. It was a law firm that said, "If you've been taking seroquel and have developed diabetes, call us today...bla bla bla.
I hope that sharing my experience will be helpful to you in making a determination as to whether or not to take the drug.

Seroquel affects people so differently.

This weekend I was talking to someone that had been prescribed it.
She took 25mg and hated it... it was too intense for her.
Now she refuses to take it, and has nothing positive to say about it.

Meanwhile... the moment I wake up
I have to take 75mg just to stop my body from shaking.
Same at noon.
Larger dose at supper,
and some more at bedtime.

If I don't take it,
I cannot function nor calm down.
It has helped normalize my life.

Now I'm not saying that I am more traumatized than anyone else,
just that the drug affects people very differently.
In the end, you have to do what works for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back