• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Neice taken in to care

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamFree

Not Active
just checking in as sometimes this place is the only place I have some outlet to express my upset at the ongoing situations I have no control over. in the past I would judge my self for being upset over other peoples predicaments saying to my self well its not happening to you its happening to them you have no right to get upset , but my dbt therapist has said I need to learn to not invalidate my own experience of it and how it makes me feel. Well its never felt good spending your life watching your family scattered in to the wind. My teenage neice was taken in to care last year and has now been moved in to another home in a different part of the country from Liverpool to Shropshire. my little brother when I was growing up a as well and as a result we do not have a relationship anymore as we was kept away from each other and in adulthood when I tried it just did not happen. I am sure this has affected me in many ways I am still discovering one thing I know is I can feel very fatalistic about relationships like I think there never going to be mine to keep ( perhaps a bit anxious attachment style ) like its always going to be taken from me.

I am sorry you have experienced so much disruption to your family @IamFree.

Could you start to communicate with your niece by letter or email so you can maintain some contact and not lose her completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back