• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New to Board - Raped at Knife Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryblossom

MyPTSD Pro
Hi everybody
I'm 35 and live in the UK. I was diagnosed with PTSD a couple of years ago due to being raped at knife point when I was 20. Following the assault I shut it out and went into denial for many years ( I didn't tell anyone what had happened to me).
It started to come out in nightmares and flashbacks, which were/are really hard to handle. Af ew years ago I was very depressed and suicidal, and sought help. I saw a psychiatrist and psychologist. I was diagnosed with PTSD and depression and started some CBT. I couldn't handle it though. I couldn't talk about it and didn't want to remember, so I stopped getting the help.

Some times are better than others, but it currently feels like the PTSD is spiraling out of control. I'm not currently on any meds and I don't have any support - so I thought this board might be a good place to start.

cherryblossom

Hi Cherry Blossom,

I'm a newbie too. Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. I don't have any advice or suggestions even, but am sending you warm thoughts.

Hi Cherry,

Welcome to the forum. Claire is right your name is great. It reminds me of new birth and beauty. Hopefully it will reflect your healing too.

Hi, and welcome. I think you will find this is a good place to start to get yourself back onto the healing road.

Hiya hun
Im new too. I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through. My experience is almost exactly the same as yours so i know how youre feeling. I hope that isnt too presumptious of me though. Just wanted to let you know that if you ever want to talk about things i am here for you. Nice to meet you but sorry you have a reason to be here.
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back