• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

No therapy - Received phone call to say all therapy support has been withdrawn until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows.

I had phone therapy scheduled but it has been canceled. Not like I have anything to talk about anyway. I don’t go anywhere, I don’t do anything, and I don’t talk to anyone. Therapy would be pointless because I have nothing to talk about.

I've been doing phone therapy, and have similar issues as a lot of people in terms of "not having things to talk about" currently because there's nothing I've been doing. But my T told me that it's often those sessions where there's nothing to talk about where a real breakthrough happens b/c there's no longer anything distracting from the worst issues that someone has. A lot of the time, there's a block in the form of smaller issues that we tend to focus on first because they're easier to handle. I've come to realise that whenever I have a session where I have nothing to talk about, I often end up opening up about one of my serious issues in the following session. It's just that it took an entire silent session plus a couple of days w/o my therapist for me to figure out a way around the wall I'd built to keep myself from thinking about something.

It's definitely not the same, but I'm of the opinion that phone therapy is better than nothing, especially since this current situation is looking to be very lengthy.

Sorry that your appointments got canceled! I really hope you can find an alternative soon, even if it's not therapy.

Funny how social resources brag about how much they are able to help people, yet shut down during a real crisis..

Yeah, it can be devastating and, like in the case of @Taz, not only are they not available, but they are sh*tty about the way they relay it. From what I've seen and heard from folks, most psychologists, etc..., really haven't shut down but are providing alternative ways to get assistance. For some of us, that is inadequate, but given the current situation, seems to be the way to go.

Because I've stupidly waited 40years before asking for help I was only diagnosed 18months ago with C-PTSD I haven't as yet found my peaceful good place i seem to be in constant turmoil
I'm so sorry to hear. And know how it feels to not know how safe feels. But really do hang on and use this forum. It's really good. Even though "real therapy" can't be replaced. Just try to cope with one moment at a time. I'm so sorry you had to endure all that. ??

Oh.. saw just now this was written months ago. Ah.. either way..

I'm so sorry to hear. And know how it feels to not know how safe feels. But really do hang on and use this forum. It's really good. Even though "real therapy" can't be replaced. Just try to cope with one moment at a time. I'm so sorry you had to endure all that. ??

Oh.. saw just now this was written months ago. Ah.. either way..
Either way! I'm not sure what the OP is up to at the moment but this relates to others still.
My state keeps *almost* opening up but then saying wait maybe we should go longer. Obviously spending hours in a small office is not going to happen when no one is allowed to enter even a huge store without a mask and following distance protocols. (During the day, anyway.) I've been hanging on some pretty bad teletherapy - and using this forum - so please know that your words are being read and appreciated!

x

I've been hanging on some pretty bad teletherapy - and using this forum - so please know that your words are being read and appreciated!
Covid19 surely costs a lot in so many ways and the isolation is really bad for the mental health for many people. I'm not in therapy anymore and can't imagine only having it over the phone! Even though it must be better than none at all. But it's more only keeping someone possibly floating..?

I have no one to hug or be touched by or touch besides my daughter every second week (and she is a teenager so she doesn't always want hugs) and it really is taking it's toll on me. ? I know I would feel a lot better if I got more hugs. - the irony in this though... before trauma therapy I really didn't want touch or hugs.. ? so it has somehow "ruined" me.

Do hang on! One day, one step or even one second at a time. It will not always be like this. And you can be healed. If you just don't give up and keep pressing forward. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers- if that's okay. ?

Do hang on! One day, one step or even one second at a time. It will not always be like this. And you can be healed. If you just don't give up and keep pressing forward. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers- if that's okay. ?
It is more than okay; I'm close to tears.

I get the irony of you longing for touch.
I bet your daughter loves your hugs even if she complains and at the time feels utterly mortified or whatever! lol I wish for you to have more of that! (The hugs, not being mortified.)

Keeping floating, absolutely. I continue to feel like I'm clinging at the top of a cliff by my fingertips and I keep trying to get a better grip. Aand I better not let go of ANY support, just gather it up as best I can. And hey, it sounds like trauma therapy really helped you clarify things, I'm so glad you have that experience. thanks for your thoughtful responses

. Aand I better not let go of ANY support, just gather it up as best I can. And hey, it sounds like trauma therapy really helped you clarify things,
That sounds like a very wise decision! And do. (My ptsd often made it hard to not push people away.. Or see that I needed support. So congrats on seeing and accepting it!)

Therapy saved my life. Or rather gave me a life. Before I was merely surviving.. AM very grateful for it. It only took 13 years from when I started seeking help until I got it.. but another rape-attempt and then I finally got 3 years of trauma therapy.

But trauma-therapy is really tough, it's like breaking bones and putting them in the right position so they can heal properly..the most important thing is to stay with it even when the goings get tough. And to try to be gentle with and take care of one self at the best of your ability.

Hang in there. It will get better. Praying!

I posted in this thread in March lol. I hardly remember what I felt like then. We are still doing tele therapy which I think is only as bad as the rest of the BS. My body misses my therapist I think because I just can not communicate on the same level at all. I need to be with her to do what we were doing. She knows it. But I pulled myself together enough not to blame her or “take it out on her”. It’s not her idea nor mine. We have a little chat weekly, I refuse to do the computer thing and she isn’t “allowed” to face time. I probably wouldn’t do face time either but at least with that I can get comfortable somehow with the phone. We will see. I’d like to get back to seeing her and whatever is going to happen next with therapy but whatever it is, I’m hoping we are not going to do it over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back