• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

(Not) Finding a Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a really hard time for work plans. I am in the middle of just waiting, myself. Since nothing else seems to be working, I have high hopes. Good luck - I am afraid it's rough and scary out there for everyone.

This has been a really hard time for work plans. I am in the middle of just waiting, myself. Since nothing else seems to be working, I have high hopes. Good luck - I am afraid it's rough and scary out there for everyone.

Thank you. I think my biggest issue right now is that I really don't want to work. I applied for a couple of jobs in March, but when they didn't pan out, I just quit. I look, but there really isn't anything that sparks my interest. And I don't want to just find any job. I've been doing that for years. Anything that will pay the bills. And I've never been happy. But the stuff I can do is going to take some effort to even get started and I just don't have the energy.

Ok, so I applied for 2 jobs (actually, 3 positions - 2 are at the same place) this past week. I talked to one of the guys today and he wants me to start right away.

This job is part-time right now, as an independent contractor/business owner. Complicated to explain, but I lose nothing by trying it out. And I actually felt excited about it when I was talking to him. He was so encouraging, said he knew I'd be perfect for the work. That I was the kind of person he was looking for.

Now, that might have all been BS. But I am going into this with that in my mind as a possibility, so I won't be disappointed. I sooo hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back