• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Opinions please re gynae appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think the word sexual 'trauma' should be used as the 'umbrella' term /description when talking about sexual violation, or at least along side the word violence...
It’s probably not surprising, but given the amount that victims tend to minimise their own experience, if you dropped the threshold back to ‘sexual trauma’ in order to access support services…the outcome would be much the same. Folks like you and me would simply convince ourselves “But my experience wasn’t really traumatic in the way that they mean…”.

Sexual violence and physical violence are 2 very different things. Sexual violence often doesn’t include any physical violence, in the same way that physical violence often doesn’t include any sexual element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back