Photography Club

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks @ladee Just remembered, got a couple photos of my tree, it don't look great shakes yet, is still a baby, not even got any leaves just buds

20220417_162619.jpg

The row of oaks my tree is in.
20220417_170659.jpg

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Symbolic to me @Teasel of you starting new. Had time to grow strong roots, and beginning to have buds. It is going to be a gift to see you and your tree become strong and solid. Thanks for remembering. I do love trees. It is in a beautiful spot too. Nothing too close, room to grow, and solid growth around you and the tree. Hope. Trees are hope.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I looooove this one. Oy! You with the camera! WTF???

🤣🤣🤣
LOL This made me laugh! Thank you!

Taking pictures of animals is the best way for me to connect with them. Will post some more today; there is a blue jay in my backyard that comes up to the screen door and demands I put out food if I'm late. Today, I caught her sitting on my laptop when I went in to go to the bathroom. :-)

Friday

Wow! I'm wondering if you all have nice cameras or if you can get good pictures with a phone, which is all I have now.
I USED to have real nice cameras/lenses?

(My ex smashed them, after cancelling my insurance on them. And emptied out the safe deposit box with the backup drives -several terabytes- so I’ve only got a handful of pictures, mostly uploaded in megabytes to random websites, when I used to have 10s -if not 100s- of thousands of RAW images. To be fair? He also cancelled my car insurance and stuck a hose through the sunroof, cut up all my lingerie, and defaulted on the mortgage. A bit of a “salt the earth” kind of bloke, my ex).

What (very) few things of mine are on this thread, are usually snagged with a burner flip-phone’s el cheapo 1 megapixel lens.

Freddyt

MyPTSD Pro
Wow! I'm wondering if you all have nice cameras or if you can get good pictures with a phone, which is all I have now.
That last photo was taken with an intermediate point and shoot camera, but I also shoot with my phone, and a "starter" DSLR.

Two books really helped me. Both by Bryan Peterson. One is Understanding Exposure, the other Understanding Composition. Understanding Composition is a fantastic book and applies to all cameras. If you want to take better pictures it's a great read.