• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

I saw a dragon fly identical to that one today, @whiteraven . I didn't have my camera, though, so I'm glad you captured one to share. Great timing! :) That turtle, though. Whoa! 😮

I was diggin' the colorful visitors I found today - and learned how much more colorful they'll eventually be (black swallowtail butterfly caterpillars), and the drama that ensued...(there were two other caterpillars not captured in a kodak moment, that looked just like this one)

These two were on the same parsley plant, on separate stems, minding their own business - both had munched their share of leaves...

IMG_2281.JPG

Then the grasshopper started moseying onto his neighbor's stem - notice how the caterpillar is still looking straight ahead...

IMG_2303.JPG

Then the caterpillar looks around to see who's back there - and the grasshopper moves faster...

IMG_2304.JPG

I'm not too sure what transpired here - if the grasshopper elbowed the caterpillar, or if the caterpillar tried to bite it or push it off it's stem, or both, or what - but they definitely had a moment...

IMG_2306.JPG

Then the grasshopper jumped onto another stem underneath more leaf cover further away from the caterpillar - and that was that...how exciting...lol...

IMG_2307.JPG

Instead of popcorn, I was munching on these little sun-kissed sweeties while watching the show...

IMG_2287.JPG

45A5E25B-46D1-45CB-BD15-C995BDF54052.jpeg
We spawned an eco system. I didn’t get any hummingbirds though again this year and I filled 2 feeders all summer. I really miss the hummingbirds. Goldfinch's we have plenty! They love sunflower seeds.
6C516B6C-9C0C-4919-A233-5C84334E7CE5.jpeg

2A654DFC-1869-4DE5-BB46-2BDAEBA9F2F5.jpeg
These are a couple blow downs. The storm hit everywhere but here. What we did get was enough to shake things up a bit.

@Mach123 what is the insect in the top pic?
A cicada I believe. I took it’s picture because we don’t see them here. This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve ever seen one. It’s big, about the size of my thumb.

I saw a dragon fly identical to that one today, @whiteraven . I didn't have my camera, though, so I'm glad you captured one to share. Great timing! :) That turtle, though. Whoa! 😮

I was diggin' the colorful visitors I found today - and learned how much more colorful they'll eventually be (black swallowtail butterfly caterpillars), and the drama that ensued...(there were two other caterpillars not captured in a kodak moment, that looked just like this one)

These two were on the same parsley plant, on separate stems, minding their own business - both had munched their share of leaves...

View attachment 60463

Then the grasshopper started moseying onto his neighbor's stem - notice how the caterpillar is still looking straight ahead...

View attachment 60464

Then the caterpillar looks around to see who's back there - and the grasshopper moves faster...

View attachment 60465

I'm not too sure what transpired here - if the grasshopper elbowed the caterpillar, or if the caterpillar tried to bite it or push it off it's stem, or both, or what - but they definitely had a moment...

View attachment 60466

Then the grasshopper jumped onto another stem underneath more leaf cover further away from the caterpillar - and that was that...how exciting...lol...

View attachment 60467

Instead of popcorn, I was munching on these little sun-kissed sweeties while watching the show...

View attachment 60468
I might be a cynic but the main characters in the story were concerned with eating as well. Eating each other that is. Looks like neither was on the menu. : )

Back