• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Posting Images: When Its Ok, And When It's Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 4.00.43 pm.png

This icon in every members toolbar allows linking images, which means you do not breach copyright because the image is embedded from the URL and not copied, then reproduced here, however, you still need permission to publish a copyright image.

All images have copyright unless otherwise stated as free to use by the author, OR, you have the license to use them.

The images used in our article section, for example, are purchased stock photography licensed for blogging use.

@anthony I am unclear as to what you are inferring. However, your post allowed me to understand what I have personally been doing wrong insofar as some of my photos and for that I am grateful. It allows me knowledge to correct my mistakes. So gently I offer that my 'like' stands as well as respect for your time.

I'm afraid I'm completely overwhelmed. Is the short answer that all media, including avatars, has to be owned by the user? I would be very grateful for just a yes or no to this one. Thank you.

Here's a list of my unowned media:

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

@Mal Content, @Recovery4Me:

Avatars may be OK - both their resizing and their usage make them likely to be covered by fair use.

I am primarily advising against the use of images in public threads, and asking members to only post what belongs to them.

And, if anyone thinks an image was removed in error, they can always ask about it in the help desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, I should know better. I'm an artist and former writer. I know lots of my writing has been reproduced online without credit, hubby's, too. My publisher has always said it's not worth the legal expense to try to get reimbursed. However, YouTube is now compensating artists for their music videos and recordings. My hubby's a published songwriter and with every view of one of his songs, he gets a few pennies. That is the point. Artists should get compensated. I will review my Media posts to make sure I haven't posted anything that isn't from YouTube or my own making. I'm experienced in copyright issues, so you guys shouldn't have to go through my Media, anyway. Sorry we've kind of gotten carried away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back