• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD And EMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay Dee

Hi Anthony and all friends!!!!

It's been awhile since I've shot my mouth off on here. Been lost in the busy b . . .s . . . of work and Christmas preparations.

Was in the emergency room last week for five hours on oxygen - - - I was being checked for heart attack, stroke, blood clot - the works!!! Scared the crap out of me. Fortunately, everything okay. Still don't know what was wrong. My regular doctor told me it could have been a stress reaction. So been taking it easy.

My boss seems to be coming around a bit, I mean going easy with the threats and all. I think he's realizing that a 19-year-old doesn't know everything after all.

We had our Christmas party at work Friday night. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Just can't seem to get into those sorts of things. Feel very overwhelmed around a lot of people. Fortunately, this next week it will be just family. Even so, there will be 12 people there.

Hey Anthony, how's things going with you??? Haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope your doing okay. And everyone else. Course Christmas season doesn't seem to be the best time of year for those of us with PTSD, does it?

Just thought I'd post my two cents worth - - - don't feel very productive this weekend. I crashed and haven't got much done. Tomorrow I'm going to go work out. Maybe get some frustration out, and recall some energy.

Talk to you soon.

Kay Dee

Hi Kay,

How are things with you? Anthony and I, and the entourage are all okay. Finally here in Melbourne but can't move into our new place until January, so we are sitting here in the motel apartment until we head home to my family. Anthony's grinch is alive and well, it remains to see how he copes with the total of 22 guests at Mum's for Xmas.

Well, I hope this finds you well and good spirits (not the alcoholic kind!!), take care.

Kerri-Ann:

The Grinch is a good ole' fella isn't he - - - he visits my house too.

See my posting prior to your's. I'm kind of living in hell.

Kay Dee

Geez Kay, the whole emergency room thing... are you ok, REALLY? Stress has a major impact on our lives I guess, and I know the doctors have told me to watch just how much it gets on top of me for the same reasons, being hospitalised otherwise. I know my time will come around when I just can't handle everything and will end up in hospital for a while to get better... I have no doubt actually, its just a matter of when I think.

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas... as Kerrie-Ann said above, see how I go with all her family around! We are leaving in two days for Orange (New South Wales) where her family is, which should be a nice drive actually. I am already getting quite anxious and edgy at the moment, whether that be knowing what is coming or not, not sure, but I am pretty on edge with the entire Christmas thing. I will honestly be glad when its over, so I don't have to sit around and pretend I'm all happy and cheerie when I may / may not be in spirts.

I am going to take a week off from being online soon, just to get away from as much as possible, as I have lots to do early January with moving into the new house... yeh!

Well, you have a good Christmas Kay, as best you can, and try not to end up in hospital hey!!!

Kay Dee

Hi Anthony

So far doing okay. Having a few days where I've wondered if I should go back in. But I think it is the stress. Stress can do some weird crap. But the ER doc said get my but back in if I have the same symptoms.

Christmas? Almost there, almost over - - - hooray! Then we can get on with things, right?

You take care of yourself over Christmas; and good luck with moving. Talk with you later.

Kay

Kay Dee

Hi Anthony and everyone:

Just a note to say I've finally got some EMDR sessions scheduled. I've got about 10 sessions (1 per week) starting in February. Now the ball is rolling!

Hey Anthony - - - How are you? I sure hope you are doing okay. You've been in my prayers.

Working lots - 12 and 14-hour days this week. So been very tired. Can use the dough though!!!

Talk again soon.

Kay

Good stuff... about time it worked out your way Kay. Everything just went the other way for a while there, but you dug in and stuck it out to get yourself help... well done. Me... OK, but I could definately be better. I have to fly back to Townsville in a couple of weeks to attend a follow-up from my PTSD course, just for a day, then again in June or July...

Yay... I don't mind going, actually looking forward to it, but it is just that I have just / am just getting settled again after moving from the top of Australia to the bottom, which was all pretty stressful, let alone doing it all around Christmas... that just really topped it off for me. I just really want to sit still for a couple of months, get my feet on the ground again and get to know the new locality without distractions. I know that sounds silly to most, but I have a good idea that those with PTSD already understand!!!

Honestly, the sooner I get it over with, the better, as then I will be fine come the next follow-up mid year. I am looking forward to seeing people up their again though, even though i just came from their... weird, but good.

Kay Dee

Hi Anthony!

Good to hear from you again. Definitely anything new is stressful, let alone moving a long ways and trying to adapt to new people, things, everything! Is your follow-up like an all day session? Maybe it will help with all of the stress you have had. Let me know how it goes.

Yes, I finally get to start the EMDR sessions. Even though it is a month away, I am really nervous, but at the same time anxious to get started. The thought of re-living everything makes me feel exhausted!

I sure hope things are going better for you now, Anthony. I was worried there for awhile. Let's keep in touch okay?

Talk to you soon.

Kay

Trying EMDR

Today my therapist suggested I try EMDR therapy for my serious anxiety problem which brings on panic attacks and serious physical symptoms. Has anyone in the forum ever tried this and what is it like. Does it work is what I need to know.

Hi dshanks

I am currently having EMDR therapy. I have had 3 out of the eight sessions, so it too early to let you know if it works. My therapist is very confident that it will help, but was also very quick to point out that things will seem a lot worse to begin with. And I can assure you, that she was right about that! I am finding it really tough going. She has told me, that in her experience, things start to improve after 4-6 sessions.

So, I just have to put my faith in it, and truely hope that it does help - otherwise I'm going through this hell for nothing!!

Feel free to PM me if you want to know any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back