• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quote Of The Day

This is more of a little saying than a direct quote but I thought it was important enough to share it here.

"Throw a mirror on the ground"....okay.
"Did it break?" Well, Yes.
"Now tell it you're sorry." Okay, I am sorry.
"Did it go back to the way it was before?" No.
"Now, do you understand?"

"We are by now so accustomed to the cult of expertise that the very notion of honoring and paying heed to our directly felt experience of things - of insects and wooden floors, of broken down cars and bird-picked apples, and the scents rising from the soil - seems odd and somewhat misguided as a way to find out what's worth knowing." ~David Abram

"Now is the only reality, all else is either memory or imagination." ~Osho

"A horrible end is better than an endless horror." ~Oliver Markus

"Don't interfere. Don't enter fear. The more you try to control..The more you lose control." ~Tao Lore

"You don't walk on water so do your best and be at peace. That is all anyone can ask of you and it is all you can ask of yourself"
I don't know who said this but it is a top favorite quote.

"We are all a part of a worldwide death culture that is dedicated to chaos, ignorance, and self-degeneration." ~Prof. Spira

"The entire thrust of social media is not to provide a neutral platform that delivers neutral content to people. It's to play on the brain chemistry of addiction, it's to tap into primal wants, psychologies of approval and lack and craving. If you're outraged on social media then you will algorithmically be fed more outrage, it's automatic." ~Joshua Michael Schrei

"We can understand one another; but each one is able to explain only himself." ~Herman Hesse

"Wisdom can not be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else.... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, be fortified by it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it." ~Herman Hesse

Back