• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quote Of The Day

The excerpt below is from a much longer quote that speaks to me on so many levels. I wish I could go back and undo all the chemical shit storms I marinated my body in in order to try to live up to the standards of what most of society deems as "acceptable" and necessary - especially as we age. What a feeling of freedom to no longer be attached to all those products and demands. When various industries depend on us never feeling good enough, both internally and externally, things aren't likely to change.

"...When women are trained into thinking there is something fundamentally wrong with getting older, and are coerced into spending money, energy and power investing in ‘slowing the signs of ageing’, an enormous vault of divine love is lost. Just think what would happen if all the women in the world started loving themselves even more with every year that passed...." ~Sophie Bashford

"Perhaps our nightmares and fears about alien invaders are driven largely by the indifference we’ve shown with regard to the pain, suffering and deprivation that’s inflicted, due to our selfishness, on nonhuman animals. Imagine how it might feel to be subjected to the same treatment and conditions we routinely impose on farmed animals." ~Don Robertson

"You're not stuck. You're just committed to certain patterns of behavior because they helped you in the past. Now those behaviors have become more harmful than helpful. The reason why you can't move forward is because you keep applying an old formula to a new level in your life. Change the formula to get a different result." ~Emily Maroutian

"You're on earth. There's no cure for that." ~Samuel Beckett

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that wildness is a necessity." ~John Muir

"You seek too much information and not enough transformation." ~Shirdi Sai Baba

"You are not lazy, unmotivated, or stuck. After years of living your life in survival mode, you are exhausted. There's a difference." ~Nakeia Homer

Back