• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

The Animal Dialogues by Craig Childs. I keep crying while reading this book. The idea of wild animals existing in a world outside of humans pains me for some reason. I think it’s because their wild world doesn’t mesh with the technological violent capitalist world humans live in. Somehow that meshes with PTSD.

Also reading Killing Rage: Ending Racism by bell hooks. The premise is that racism will not be ended without the voices of women. Also somehow meshes with PTSD… the killing rage thing. Makes me think of suicidal ideation and murder ideation.

@whiteraven

If you are open to a possible contender to add to your list, "The Worm At The Core" is fascinating....once you get to 'W'. The Worm at the Core by Sheldon Solomon, Jeff Greenberg, Tom Pyszczynski: 9780679604884 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

It is a shame your already past 'D', b/c "The Denial Of Death" by Ernest Becker, which won a Pulitzer, is the core idea which inspired the research which went into "The Worm At The Core". In any case, be well.☺️
Oh, thank you! And actually, I'm not reading in alphabetical order, so I'll add both to my list! :-)

Back