• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Recent Tragedy Precludes Us Participating For Some Time Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both for your kind words too. I have chosen exactly that for my son and he is raised totally different than i was and i have to have a lot of patience as he has autism but we are doing quite well. I have a lot of friends support and they have become my family, so yes i realize we have to choose our happiness. it just sucks when it is not family sometimes, i guess I have just been wishing for a lot of years. i have created my own family, so to speak. I read about your family and I think we can all learn from you, in a healthy way. I guess i see you relating to batgirl and sometimes wish i had family that is supportive and could help me with my PTSD. I guess that is why i am here.
Take care.
Pandora

Ah autism. That is difficult pandora. One of our grandsons has Aspergers. Doing well currently, he is a lovely child, but much work. Well done creating your own family. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Jim.

Thanx Jim, He actually has high functioning autism or aspergers syndrome as well as tourettes but we are actually doing quite well. He is a laugh and comes out with the funniest expressioons. He is really like a little professor.
I have been told I have the patience of a saint and then I had to really think.......I really do. We both would not survive if I did not. How old is your grandson? Does your family get support? I have gone to parent support groups, very beneficial as well as very challenging having PTSD too, but as always I seem to make it through.
Take Care
Pandora

I hope you don't object if I answer for my husband pandora. I love speaking about my grandchildren! :smile:

Kyle has just turned 5, and will be attending regular kindergarden in the fall. He has been doing very well, he is a very talkative and loving little fellow, and whiz on the computer. Funny you mention expressions, Kyle has many interesting ones. They are definitely little professors aren't they?

Parent support groups are sadly lacking here, there is one that meets in the city monthly, but that is a 4 hour drive for my son and daughter-in-law, so not very convenient. However, they have had wonderful support from doctors and therapists, and have worked very dilligently with Kyle. And in spite of being high functioning he will be getting a teacher's aide at school, which is a real blessing as we were uncertain that was going to happen.

I wish you all the best with your boy, it must be difficult with your having PTSD as well, but it sounds like you are doing a very fine job.

No longer a recent tragedy. Now one year since my sons MVA and untimely death. Been quite a year - nearly destroyed the wife and I. However. We are now much improved. Suppose one can get through anything given time. Thank you all on the forum who supported our family after Brians death. And. Thanks to those here who were Brians friends. He didnt post much but seems he had some good friends here. Take care all. Jim.

My heart goes out to you. Anniversaries are hard. But with the love you all share for each other, you will get through.

Bless you,

Cowgirl

There is nothing to compare to losing a child. I am new here and see that you posted on the anniversary of one year. I too have lost my children and know the pain and suffering that goes with it. Stick together and don't forget to tell your spouse what you need from him/her. After 4.5 years my husband and I are still trying to remember to think and tell each other what we need from one another - a difficult thing when you can't really think well. Keep Brian alive in your hearts and lives. God be with you all. Please accept my sincere sympathy and prayer for your peace through this.

Anniversaries of the incident are overwhelming.
We all are thinking of your whole family and wish you peace.

Jim, Kathy, Evie and family

May your days together on Brian's anniversary be a celebration of a life of a loved one and may the good memories outweigh the heartache.

Fond thoughts and warm wishes to you all.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have you thought of doing something in memory for your son on his anniversary?

On Christmas every year I cross country ski to my father's grave site and lay a rose down on the snow, say a prayer, and reflect on the good times we had.

As a family, what could you do together? I have found on anniversaries sometimes no one shares their personal memories and grief on these days because they don't want to set each other off. So we bumble around isolated when in reality we all are there. Find something you can all do in honor of Brian and have a group share. Just a thought. Maybe just having his favorite desert together to chat.

Agreed Cindy, good idea. Though already taken care of. ;-) It is a tradition of ours to celebrate the anniversary of a wake. We have a full house - all our children and grandchildren are currently visiting. Excepting one son who is deployed to Afghanistan. Having a big dinner and traditional Newfoundland kitchen party tonight. Thanks all for the good wishes, much appreciated. Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back