• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Recovering from episode, shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megslulu

Not Active
I have C-PTSD, from trauma during childhood through adulthood. I was also raped in my sleep by a cop (I pressed charges) about 25 years ago. I have toxic family members who I’ve gone no contact with. I struggle with anxiety and hardcore bouts of shame. I’ve been in therapy off and on for decades.

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry that you have been through terrible things that you didn't deserve!

I have battled shame my whole life but it is better...after many years of therapy and talking back to my inner terrorist.

This is an amazing site that has blessed me beyond words for over 11 years now. It is a good source of information and valuable input and understanding.

The value of discovering that you are not alone is immeasurable.

Welcome!

My trauma and a boatload of emotional issues are the result of all kinds of family abuse and dysfunction suffered from childhood well into adulthood. Like you, at some point it was necessary to completely cut myself off from my toxic family members, not only for my safety and sanity, but for the protection of my children. I haven't been a member of this forum long and still find it difficult to open up (betrayal does that) but it's slowly getting easier. Give yourself time to feel comfortable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back