• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Reliving the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only getting a little and then I started to go into complete shut down/denial mode and haven’t had much since. Just “body memories”. There’s a whole big story to the huge disaster that the situation is. I think (I know) one of the worst parts of it is doubting yourself. I had someone tell me recently (a friend) that what I was seeing couldn’t be true because suppressed memories are basically a bunch of bullshit.

I had someone tell me recently (a friend) that what I was seeing couldn’t be true because suppressed memories are basically a bunch of bullshit.
Your friend is an idiot. Just saying. :):)
A main criteria of ptsd is that you don't remember parts of it. But they are still there - when you are strong enough to handle them. And that comes with lots of therapy to build coping skills. You might check the book The Body Keeps the Score by Van de Kirk. It's pretty much my bible and answers a lot of those question.

I have a friend that has a trauma and a grief log/diary. She tell me that when see gets to feel anxious, sad, depressed or any other things that she feels she goes to her book to see what happened that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back