• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Saying hello. New C-PTSD suffering member. Programmer. Married with a child. Hoping to find others w similar struggles getting better.

mszl

MyPTSD Pro
Hello everyone. My name is Bartek and I’m from Poland.

Professionally, I’m a programmer. I have a wife and a child. Apart from tech, my interests include popular science (mostly space-related), science fiction & fantasy books, and video games.

I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about a year ago. Long story short - I survived sexual abuse that lasted several years during my teens, then somehow made it until almost my 40’s without proper help. For the last year, I’ve been on therapy and medication. My condition was getting better slowly but steadily. But for a couple of weeks, I’ve been feeling worse and worse. I haven’t felt this disconnected from reality and myself since cutting my ties with my abuser. I find it hard to rest, relax, and find pleasure in things I liked. Plus, I experience random sparks of sadness out of nowhere. So yeah, despite being socially awkward, I finally decided to try finding other people who face similar struggles. I hope to find here someone to talk to during hard times and get better informed about my condition.

Professionally, I’m a programmer. I have a wife and a child. Apart from tech, my interests include popular science (mostly space-related), science fiction & fantasy books, and video games.

I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about a year ago. Long story short - I survived sexual abuse that lasted several years during my teens, then somehow made it until almost my 40’s without proper help. For the last year, I’ve been on therapy and medication. My condition was getting better slowly but steadily. But for a couple of weeks, I’ve been feeling worse and worse. I haven’t felt this disconnected from reality and myself since cutting my ties with my abuser. I find it hard to rest, relax, and find pleasure in things I liked. Plus, I experience random sparks of sadness out of nowhere. So yeah, despite being socially awkward, I finally decided to try finding other people who face similar struggles. I hope to find here someone to talk to during hard times and get better informed about my condition.
Hi Bartek,

Thank you for opening up and sharing a bit about yourself and your experiences. I'm truly sorry to hear about the trauma you endured in the past. It takes great courage to seek help and share your story, so I commend you for taking those steps.

Living with C-PTSD can be incredibly challenging, and it's not uncommon to have ups and downs in your recovery journey. Connecting with others who understand what you're going through can provide a sense of validation and support that is so valuable. I'm glad you've decided to join this community at myptsd.com.

Here you can find understanding and empathy from individuals who have firsthand experience with PTSD and CPTSD. Sharing your experiences, getting information, and talking to others who can relate to your struggles can be a significant part of the healing process.

Remember that seeking professional help, like therapy and medication, is crucial in managing your condition. If you're feeling worse lately, it might be a good idea to reach out to your healthcare provider or therapist to discuss your current struggles and explore ways to support you during this difficult time.

The forums on myptsd.com cover various topics related to PTSD and CPTSD, so you can find specific spaces to discuss different aspects of your experiences. Feel free to explore and engage in conversations that resonate with you.

You've taken a brave step by reaching out for support, and I hope you find the connection and understanding you're seeking here. Remember, you're not alone in this journey.

Take care,

Riley Jones

I struggle to with ptsd and I am here for you. May I please ask are your medications helping and if so may I also ask which ones? I too am a sexual abuse survivor, so I do understand being socially awkward and random sparks of sadness. Thank you for sharing.

I struggle to with ptsd and I am here for you. May I please ask are your medications helping and if so may I also ask which ones? I too am a sexual abuse survivor, so I do understand being socially awkward and random sparks of sadness. Thank you for sharing.
@ManukaHealthy I’m on Symfaxin, Linefor, and Welbox. As for efficiency, it definitely makes a difference. Sometimes, I forget a dose and feel my brain squeezed with anxiety. I then wonder how I managed to live like that for so long. Currently, I meet with a psychiatrist on a regular basis, as he is not happy with the results so far, and we are slowly increasing the dose. I have mixed feelings about this: on one hand, it’s supposed to give me more energy to deal with psychotherapy and help me enjoy life. On the other hand, I don’t like being dependent on meds, and when I meet with the doctor and tell him that there still hasn’t been much improvement, I feel like I’ve failed something, despite sticking to the dosing almost perfectly. I wish you the best on your journey to dealing with PTSD. Take care!

Thank you mszl for sharing above info. I don't like being dependent on meds either. I so appreciate your encouragement and I hope the best for you too. I don't see it as a failure for struggling with meds as I try hard to see anything I am doing as an accomplishment including waking up and trying to deal with the day. Thank you for your welcome here. It means alot to me. Please take good care of you, for there's only one of you!

@ManukaHealthy I’m on Symfaxin, Linefor, and Welbox. As for efficiency, it definitely makes a difference. Sometimes, I forget a dose and feel my brain squeezed with anxiety. I then wonder how I managed to live like that for so long. Currently, I meet with a psychiatrist on a regular basis, as he is not happy with the results so far, and we are slowly increasing the dose. I have mixed feelings about this: on one hand, it’s supposed to give me more energy to deal with psychotherapy and help me enjoy life. On the other hand, I don’t like being dependent on meds, and when I meet with the doctor and tell him that there still hasn’t been much improvement, I feel like I’ve failed something, despite sticking to the dosing almost perfectly. I wish you the best on your journey to dealing with PTSD. Take care!
Thank you. Take care.

Hi Bartek,

Thank you for opening up and sharing a bit about yourself and your experiences. I'm truly sorry to hear about the trauma you endured in the past. It takes great courage to seek help and share your story, so I commend you for taking those steps.

Living with C-PTSD can be incredibly challenging, and it's not uncommon to have ups and downs in your recovery journey. Connecting with others who understand what you're going through can provide a sense of validation and support that is so valuable. I'm glad you've decided to join this community at myptsd.com.

Here you can find understanding and empathy from individuals who have firsthand experience with P

TSD and CPTSD. Sharing your experiences, getting information, and talking to others who can relate to your struggles can be a significant part of the healing process.

Remember that seeking professional help, like therapy and medication, is crucial in managing your condition. If you're feeling worse lately, it might be a good idea to reach out to your healthcare provider or therapist to discuss your current struggles and explore ways to support you during this difficult time.

The forums on myptsd.com cover various topics related to PTSD and CPTSD, so you can find specific spaces to discuss different aspects of your experiences. Feel free to explore and engage in conversations that resonate with you.

You've taken a brave step by reaching out for support, and I hope you find the connection and understanding you're seeking here. Remember, you're not alone in this journey.

Take care,

Riley Jones
Hi mszl
I'm new and just joined the forum. Please take care of yourself. I know at times it can be overwhelming or its like a storm you can't get out of. Thank you for sharing your struggles. I struggle with opening up and feel alone because of it. I understand as I joined the forum to find people going through the same journey.

I struggle with opening up
I found it easier to write about my struggles here. Additionally, for me, writing in foreign language somehow helps as well.
Don't force it, take your time. Maybe try with diary thread. I never thought I'd write one for myself, but to my surprise, writing with knowledge that I will be heard by people with similar experiences makes it easier.

Back