• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_03

MyPTSD Pro
I've quit my job, given one month's notice before I leave. Now I'm terrified and second-guessing the decision, however. I quit because the salary is so low that I survive off of only a few hardboiled eggs a day (the economy is very bad where I am due to U.S. sanctions). But I don't have a job lined up anywhere yet, and I have nowhere to go. I'm also not very stable right now, so this major change in my life is terrifying. It doesn't seem like much of a solution to retract my resignation, though, since even if I do backtrack now I'll still be starving. I am not sure what to do, I don't see any hope on the horizon. I may just end up homeless and unemployed now.

Have you tried walking into a place where you'd really like to work. Sometimes walking into a place can help. Ask to speak to the manager. Sometimes you can get hired on the spot. (Bring that resume with you, of course).

Wow, that is really tough. Do you have the qualifications for a job in your area that has higher pay? Can you start your own company or consulting business? Or volunteer? Most of the jobs I have gotten were because I first started volunteering. Maybe this is the opportunity to be able to do that for the kind of work you would really like to do. Maybe you could rescind the resignation too and volunteer too. Which would be miserable for a time...

Last edited:
I do have qualifications for higher pay but my choices are limited, because there are only a handful of English-language news outlets in Russia and none of them are hiring right now. Most have hiring freezes. I don't have the finances to start my own company; literally have 5$ to my name right now. I could move back to the States, and will probably have to if I don't find work here, but then I have nowhere to live, so there is a whole new struggle with that. I'm wondering if maybe I really should just retract the resignation. I just got fed up; have been struggling to survive for many months now and the company refuses to give raises.

Maybe you could rescind the resignation and keep applying there and apply here, and you would know your options better. It also might help to look at a wider field of jobs, see how your skills could be used in other industries. Maybe freelance work could supplement your income and eventually replace it.

I didn't have any money, couldn't find a job, and started writing grants for free. Now I run my own company doing it. It hasn't cost me any overhead to start. It's not full time yet, but it does help pay the bills. Maybe there is something like that for you?

Don't lose hope, hang in there. :hug:

I can think of a few helpful ideas. Rescind your resignation. If you have your job, you can apply for other jobs. I would hang onto my job at the cost of almost everything. Use your network of friends, employer contacts and talk to a lot of people. Be prepared to move to an area of higher employment. Study until you find a new job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of a few ideas that might be helpful. Be compassionate towards yourself because it is really really hard when you have PTSD. You have done enough if you have done the best you can.

Rescind your resignation if you can. Jobs are really hard to find, especially if you have PTSD which impedes your ability at interviews, Get a night or weekend job so you have 2 jobs might also help if you are in poverty.

If you are unable to recind your job maybe look outside your network in less favorable jobs like cleaning, just as a temporary thing, maybe get in contact with old friends and ask them to ask around to see what jobs are available in your network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back