• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scaring/intimidating people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Supervixn I guess not.

I use to be a social butterfly and was very trusted, so the whole office came to me with everything.

After the R and eventually PTSD diagnosis I did change. I went straight back to work like nothing ever happened and 9 months later I was not sleeping, not socializing, would jump out of my chair when people came to my desk, and just doing my best. I honestly don’t even remember much of that year.

My boss pulled me in his office after noticing a change and that’s when I shared it.

I thought they would be so supportive and I think they wanted to. They said I was making too many mistakes and things were falling apart. I have a lot of short term memory problems and I dissociate when I get stressed

The fact is I was replaceable. They needed the old me.

Idk guys. Why do people fear us? Whats to fear, really? What are they afraid of in us?

Just sounds like you're around a lot of bullshitters who have every right to be afraid of the truth lol.
Sometimes like Friday said my anxieties up an I can tell it effects others. But it is what it is.
You don't like to be lied to, good on you.

I almost made a pathological liar cry one time right in front of me saying some bullshit how he was this or that. Tears welt up an all I almost felt bad but I just couldn't let him continue speaking non-sense. I was taught to tell the truth even if you might get in trouble. AN it has gotten me in trouble a few times.

Just sounds like you're around a lot of bullshitters who have every right to be afraid of the truth lol.

I almost made a pathological liar cry one time right in front of me saying some bullshit how he was this or that. Tears welt up an all I almost felt bad but I just couldn't let him continue

That might be part of it, yes. And yeah sometimes you gotta just take it to reality.

I cannot tolerate liars either. I am really sensitive to it. I have this stupid idea that the truth must prevail because otherwise it's all too confusing for me. I must look confused too. I know people find this scary.

I have a patchwork quilt memory. I can remember minute detail on somethings - painfully so and other things it's just blank. So if I remember who, what, when was said, I will remember word for word what was discussed and oh man does that scare people.

I don't seem to have that 'filter' there anymore in a lot of cases to just let someone tell big fat lies or distort a conversation that I actually remember every single word. That scares lots of people. It scares me a bit. Like it was stored somewhere in my head and out in comes...effortlessly and then the awkward silence....

Then there's the I am so emotional scary me.... I do something wrong and I am really sorry I did it and I own up to it and I cannot put the brakes on being sorry.. (we are not talking death & destruction wrongs here)....that scares ppl.,

I'd love to be the old me. I only scared ppl., when I had to & the rest of the time...I'd let it slide because idk...I was good at hiding myself. I have definitely lost my mask or filter...something.

IMO, people don’t like being corrected or told that they are a lying piece of shit, even if it’s said sweetly with not a swear word in sight. They feel superior because they lied and don’t like being called on the carpet. Tough shit, you lie, you get told in my book....

Good for you for putting them in their place and for doing it with patience. They will eventually learn not to lie to you!!!!

They will eventually learn not to lie to you!!!!

I certainly hope so...

I stay to myself and dont find commeroderie in engaging in gossip. I don't speak badly about anyone because I feel its unnecessary, toxic and not helpful. I'm like a lone sheep lol. Oh well. I have a lunch with one of the higher ups next week and am struggling with what all to share. Trying to keep it positive yet truthful and constructive. Lets hope for the best!

Thank you all :)

Yes, I can't control it. It's not like years ago I know some people thought I was going postal. Frightened people, scared them away. Lots of times they just wouldn't want to deal with me. I still have it but it's not as bad or I just have such little contact with people you know. It catches me off guard. I don't realize how I'm acting. Something puts IDK a spin on the words or a force or antagonism on the words I don't intend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back