• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Server Tweaks - Open To Report Speed Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat is still there, but I have removed the box from the forum home page, to see if that removes some stress from the system, so only those who are actively in chat are engaging it versus everyone online and logged in visiting the forum home with chat loading.

The changes I made recently removed much stress chat was causing, but not all, specifically during peak periods. I want to see whether this does, so chat sits aside from page loads.

The changes I made recently removed much stress chat was causing, but not all, specifically during peak periods. I want to see whether this does, so chat sits aside from page loads.

Cache & Cookies deleted... It appear to take 60-90 seconds for each line in chat that I type -in the new location- to actually load into the window / they stay grey in waiting mode until then. Not sure whether that's true for everyone, or just me.

Not currently seeing a link to the chat, and the URL in my browser history doesn't work - not sure if this is intentional.

Please raise administrative questions via the ticket system. This has nothing to do with site performance.

The changes made within the database structure (before the weekend) and now different chat system and how it functions, has fixed all the server load issues that caused problems last week.

It was merely a matter of trial and error to fix the problems, but that just takes options and a little time.

I apologise for issues experienced last week... working through the problems with different solutions, and here we are, problems solved, a super fast user experience even when under peak user periods, and all is well once again.

Thank you so much Anthony! We really appreciate your efforts. I hope you are enjoying your long weekend.

Just now the site crashed, in chrome, on windows 7, with a message that something is not right with displaying the site, after the chat got slower and slower for everyone participating over a short period

Who is everyone? There are no load spikes on the server, so the issue is not server related. Possible chat issue... maybe... but are you accounting for anyone not a premium member who has a 10 second limit between messages?

Uhh, everyone participating included premium members.

Link Removed

Around this point in the archive @SeanCharles @pixel and I were having problems

I have no idea why it happened

Based on reading that, it was really only you having issues. One member said it was a bit quirky, yet that depends on whether they're a premium member or not, but once you left, others kept chatting with what seems, no issues. If it was the chat or our server, everyone experiences the same thing, not just one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back