• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Something that made me happy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
Working through trauma is such a shit show isn't it? And honestly, it was so hard to find anything that was good in my life for over a decade. I wish someone had pointed me in that direction though because it made my brain literally seek out the shit and ignore the good. I got so good at not being able to see anything good that it really took effort when I tried to see the happy stuff in my life again.

No idea if anyone is game for this but it was so helpful to me (still is). I used to ask my kids this every day when they came home from school.

What happened today that made you happy?
Who was nice to you today?
Was there anything you felt connected to?
That made you smile?

From a kindred brain who all too well learned to seek the shit and ignore the good, too, I feel ya'. Grateful for the shift(s) that happen(ed) to reinstate some awe. Learning to use the shit as fertilizer for more good stuff was a bonus. Thanks for the fun prompt to bring more a-tension to the non-shitty. 🙂

Picked and ate wild greens freely growing at my feet that are edible and nourishing. (hairy bittercress) Reminding me of all the others soon to follow as it keeps getting warmer. 🌱

A stranger at a stoplight rolled their window down and yelled across to me in a parking lot that she loved my outfit. Woah. My tie-dyed shirt, jeans, muck boots, and straw hat usually don't elicit that kind of response. lol Made my day. Yee-hah! 💛

My mom, who passed away two years ago today, the trees, the earth below my feet, the sun, and the water. I visited the spot next to the mountain stream where I built a heart-shaped rock memorial and hugged the tree that's next to it while I spoke my thoughts out loud. Tears of sadness and tears of joy. Both being a very welcome release. 🥲🌳🌞

That made you smile?
All of the above. 😍

OMG DharmaGirl, this made me laugh out loud!

Tornadic, thank you. Sounds like you had a great day!

Me?

I have made a new group of friends and one of them called me today to come have coffee. I sat with her and her friend and it was just so 'normal'. I am so happy to be doing normal again. I have no words....

My son, who called me just to shoot the shit.

The beautiful weather. OMG. 64 degrees! The geese are coming back! The birds are chirping! I took my foster cat out on the leash today and she dealt well. OMG so many things!

That made you smile?
Hmmmm, have to work on that. I have no idea if I smiled at all today. I must have.
Right?

Getting things aligned again at the chiro office, which helped me feel less pain, which then lead to me venturing back out to the garden space again. I snipped sucker leaves off the tomato plants. Can't wait to taste the end results. Saw lots of honey bees. The bumble bees have been outnumbering them, but it seemed more balanced today.

Oh, @Mee, that is adorable!

All my chickens, older chicks, younger and even younger chicks and turkeys made it through the 115 degree heat alright!!!

The sun, staying below 100 degrees.

The neighbor's 2 grandchildren came over to visit since the boy loves chickens. He has high functioning autism and when I told him I was training my dog for a service dog, he said that he had one too. Then he said, "We're both uh, both uh". I said yup and we were connected.

That made you smile?
I was missing a chick and couldn't figure out where she went. I picked up the tall feeder to fill it and there she was at the bottom. They like to eat out of the top of the feeder and I guess she fell in because there was only a bit of food left. I checked it last night, and I found her at 4;30 this am so she was fine.

Oh, @Mee, that is adorable!
he’s a cutie. The boys might show him, though his tail wasn’t banded well and has a curl in it . He’s a texel and nothing like any of the rest of our rare breed animals, but the farmer who reared him fell in love too and just couldn’t take him to market - orphan lambs can make suckers out of people .

it’s a shame he cannot be house trained - he really loves being in the house.

We hanged an artwork of mine on the wall

All my roommates

folks here <3

That made you smile?
That the weather was sunny and agreeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back