• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stuck in nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopykat

MyPTSD Pro
Has anyone else felt like they’re still stuck in their nightmares even after waking up? I don’t know how to explain it better than that. I don’t feel like I’m ever fully awake now and can vividly remember the nightmares and night terrors and I can’t shake them off.

Definitely came here looking for answers to the same. My thoughts were; grounding, staying busy when up and self care. Now I lie in bed, terrified of having another nightmare and not being able to shake it off...

Definitely came here looking for answers to the same. My thoughts were; grounding, staying busy when up and self care. Now I lie in bed, terrified of having another nightmare and not being able to shake it off...

I’ve been taking Prazosin for nightmares, but I will still get them sometimes especially if I’m highly stressed. And the down side to Prazosin is it’s actually a blood pressure med and has caused me to be extremely dizzy and even pass out. So it’s frustrating. I had really bad nightmares last week and I ended up self injuring in my sleep so that was fun. I’m very, very sorry you experience them too. Like you I try to keep my mind occupied and occupied on very neutral things before bed, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back