• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Propensity Towards PTSD / Family Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right Veiled because I THOUGHT I deal with things well, survived so to speak, protected my kids, worked LIKE HELL to feel useful, I pretty much pretended that I WAS OK. Looking at my life pre accident which to me was no big deal, now telling it to my therapist and listening to myself say it I LIVED A SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL and no IT WAS FAR FROM HEALTHY even though I thought is was fine. I do have a strong personality even coming through during times of horriable anixiety and depression I AM a rather strong type. and again that is the way OTHER PEOPLE SEE ME, how do I see myself? BROKEN, USED, ABANDONED AND BETRAYED, kind of like a favorite toy that you have repaired over and over for your child and one day YOU JUST CAN NOT FIX IT, that is how I feel. I am not depressed anymore I was at first, but now YES I GET DEPRESSED but it surrounds situations. Being able to express how I feel HELPS MORE THAN YOU KNOW. I have ever since I can remember been much more comfortable with children and animals than adults. I don't know maybe that personality type is target for this crap. I just do not know. Coming to the point of being able to FACE things that I either hid or just denyed because if you deny them then IT DOES NOT HURT YOU:cuckoo: :cuckoo: , that is a very big step forward for me. Will they ever know why some people get this as opposed to others I DOUBT IT, but finding good providers to assist in the healing and teaching us that NO IT IS OK TO FEEL again, THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back