• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Ptsd Cup Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very helpful article. Hopefully this explanation will help me to stop feeling so guilty about being the way I am and start accepting myself as a person who is responding normally to what happened to me. The cup analogy makes it sound like basic physics. I like that.

Wow, what a great explanation. I haven't had the toilet paper indecent. But boy when my drafters don't draw those lines straight —BOOM— Then I have to walk back into the room and apologize for my explosion. Not really what you want in a work environment.

Excellent analagy. I've tried to explain to my husband that my emotions seem to always be on the edge & any little thing can sometimes feel overwhelming.

Just want to say I'm glad this thread has made a comeback. It helped me understand just exactly how this PTSD mess works and why I am like I am.

This, while an apparent simple analogy, brings an amazing clarity to how others and myself 'overreact' at times. It's not the first time you, (Third-person 'you'). stub your toe that may cause an 'acting out' but the third time you stub your toe after the dog has gotten a hold of your favorite slippers and ripped them into shreds.

As one respondent said, how do you empty or lower the level of the cups in a controlled and acceptable manner? Obviously, throwing an adult tantrum is not an acceptable procedure.

Thank-you for the analogy.

LBear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back