• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump called the UN Human Rights Council hipacritical. He's got a lot of nerve. H e condem

Sorry about that. Trump comdemns other countries for Human Rights violations then turns right around and does the same thing. What a great President we have. Too bad Russia and China vetoed the Crimes against Humanity laws that would have made it a crime to arrest, deny, and deposit legitimate assylum seekers. Trump and his lack Sessions would be really uncomfortable appearing before the Criminal Court in the Hague.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I cannot recall a time that Trump condemned other countries for human rights violations. I just remember seeing him saying in various contexts that a lot of countries kill people and we do it, too. I guess, in his mind, that makes it okay.

How it this any different from any one breaking laws and being detained? Anyone arrested for breaking a law doesn't get to take their children to jail with them.
It's not like they are rocking up to the embassy and requesting asylum and having there children forcibly taken from them. No, they are illegally entering another country, knowing what they are doing, and putting themselves and their children as risk by breaking the law .
They have legal routes to choose, but they don't. They do the illegal, criminal thing, which causes massive problems, that's why laws are made, to protect society from those with no respect for doing things the honest and legal way. Children suffer from having parents who willfully break laws and teach them to do the same, and society suffers too. Believe me I know this from much experience.

Um, yes they, do, per the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. It's all here: Dead Link Removed

And I detect that you are beyond belief with your hatred for people different from you but who have also been through traumatic experiences. How deep does your PTSD compassion go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should start a poll -- how many Trump supporters have more than one friend of a different race? And I mean a real friend, not just people you run into from time to time, but people you have a longstanding solid, heartfelt relationship with?

Because I am convinced that the antidote to racism is truly becoming friends with people who are different from you and finding all the commonalities of humanity in them and, likewise, showing them the humanity in yourself, for, after all, there are longstanding wounds in this country that seems to me to be only healed by those of us willing to go there. And, then it's finding stuff you have in common as well, like values, interests, hobbies, which bind you together as lifelong friends.

I was fortunate to grow up in Detroit, which is a very diverse city. I've always said that if you live and work in Detroit and you have no black friends, there is something wrong with you, because the city is 90% black, lol. I mean, it is totally normal to work and live among people and find some great friends among that pool, no matter their race. I also have Hispanic-American friends and Asian-American friends and American Indian friends -- and European friends and Muslim friends-- and I wouldn't trade or betray them for the world. This is the gorgeous bounty of our American tradition. I pity anyone who doesn't appreciate and take full advantage of the privilege of getting emotionally close to people who come from different heritages -- all of which help us learn from each other.

Last edited:

Okay, sorry, you deserve a more precise answer. The thing is, they are facing certain death and injury of themselves and their children, so they travel 1,000 miles to get here and then are not given the traditional rights of such people seeking asylum.

What would you do? Stay at home and face certain death and/or injury for you and/or your children? Or make a desperate attempt to get to the place that historically and legally has been a beacon of hope for people everywhere?

Many families are crossing the border with no knowledge of what the u.s. is currently doing. Traveling on foot for month while trying to hide from the people they are fleeing doesn't exactly keep you updated on the latest news. These families are caught compleatly unaware. Before a major change in the status quo, thete should be fair warning. It cant be a deterrent if people dont know. Word is only know starting to spread amongest us who well coonected to media. I dobut that most refugees have the same access to new that we do. When I moved cross country reacently, I was compleatly out of the loop news wise, despite trying to stay in the loop. So don't tell me that most parents knew about this.

As for how the children are being kept, if you arent appalled and outraged, then you arent someone I want to associate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back