• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Study Using A Single-Dose Propranolol Highly Promising Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a TBI, seizure disorder, and lots of trauma, I like my screwed up brain just broken like it is....

Thanks for saying this. I am beginning to like my beautifully broken brain the way it is after nearly 4 years. I know the TBI and PTSd has turned up the threat fear sensors high. Startle response etc.

TBI does complicated how meds work that is for sure. I still remember the comedy of tramadol reducing pain but turned me into a no filter yabber yabber. I felt so sociable yapping away to anyone...very out of character.

Erase memory? Memory is such an intricate process made of many neuronal actions. I feel reserved on thinking that erasing a memory will not have future consequences when associated pathways used to form that memory may also be affected and pruned. Trauma is multifactoral and can involve all our senses.

It is great the are doing studies on propranolol. Even if my conspiracy brain says its the manufacturer trying to find ways to push pills to more people.

Thanks for saying this. I am beginning to like my beautifully broken brain the way it is after nearly 4 years. I know the TBI and PTSd has turned up the threat fear sensors high. Startle response etc.

TBI does complicated how meds work that is for sure. I still remember the comedy of tramadol reducing pain but turned me into a no filter yabber yabber. I felt so sociable yapping away to anyone...very out of character.

Erase memory? Memory is such an intricate process made of many neuronal actions. I feel reserved on thinking that erasing a memory will not have future consequences when associated pathways used to form that memory may also be affected and pruned. Trauma is multifactoral and can involve all our senses.

It is great the are doing studies on propranolol. Even if my conspiracy brain says its the manufacturer trying to find ways to push pills to more people.

Take this to a sci-fi level....propranolol is being funded by an alien agency who wants to eventually control Earth.........so off topic.....
but you are right.....neural pathways can regenerate....and create new ones, but when you start targeting their essence, specific triggers.....sounds like it could cause other neurologic disturbances....

Hmm, I thought the DSM 5 changed it to the trauma and stressor category.
Yep.

Changes to the diagnostic criteria from the DSM-IV to DSM-5 include:the relocation of PTSD from the anxiety disorders category to a new diagnostic category named “Trauma and Stressor-related Disorders”,
Updates to DSM-5 Criteria, Text, and ICD-10 Codes.

& in the ICD-10 CM it’s listed in the 40’s (43.10, 43.11, & 43.12) but specifically F43 = Reaction to severe stress. (I believe it’s still coded the same in the upcoming ICD-11. But I don’t have access to that right at the moment.)
ICD-10-CM Codes
  • F01-F99 Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
  • F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
  • F43- Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders

About ten years ago, I was treated with Sequerol among other anti psychotics. Then some research that was made on the drug said that it was a less well known fact that it can eliminate your ability to cry. I had to go to 8 funerals in two years. I had no tears, no reaction and that was not who I use to be. On rare occasions, I can get wet eyes. I use to sob for days. I stopped all meds years ago. It feels different from numbing. I feel numbness. I can’t seem to change what happened to me but my ability to feel joy is intact. Diet, exercise and lots of peaceful calm are my drugs.

About ten years ago, I was treated with Sequerol among other anti psychotics. Then some research that was made on the drug said that it was a less well known fact that it can eliminate your ability to cry. I had to go to 8 funerals in two years. I had no tears, no reaction and that was not who I use to be. On rare occasions, I can get wet eyes. I use to sob for days. I stopped all meds years ago. It feels different from numbing. I feel numbness. I can’t seem to change what happened to me but my ability to feel joy is intact. Diet, exercise and lots of peaceful calm are my drugs.

I know how it feels to not be able cry at funeral. People thought i was not sad my dad died but i was..... i just could not cry or behave in the way that is "expected".

After my TBI, i cry easily and cry up to 19 tissue balls.

Idk when I started trauma therapy I thought they were going to accomplish this with emdr. I like emdr but it doesn't do much if anything in my experience so far. It's an experience because it definitely has a short term effect while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back