• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

I feel depressed.
So do I! Depression goes away on its own. You cannot will it away. It is like a bully that wants to keep you down. You can't reason with it. Here is what you can do to manage it! Don"t engage with it. Don"t ruminate. Notice that it is there. Say "hello depression, I see that you are here again! Even though I don't feel like it, I am going to carry on my day not based upon how I feel but based upon my values and principles. I may not be able to control you but I can manage you." People that are depressed obsess about how bad they feel. This energizes the depression and can even make you more depressed. Keep a journal and write down your thoughts. This will give you some distance from the repeating thoughts in your head.
When you wake up in the morning even when you don't feel like it...take a shower, get dressed, brush your teeth and make your bed. afterwards, have a small breakfast. In your journal write all the things you need and want to do for the day. Write down a number from 1 to 10 on how you are feeling. And then, get on with your day. Keep yourself busy. Work on your list. Stay connected with people. Towards the end of the evening, take out your journal. Write about how your day went and mark off the things that you completed. Rate yourself again from 1 to 10. you will still have some depression, but you are going to feel a little bit better because you were successful in managing your depression. Learn to relax through meditation. Please remember...... you are not a victim to your depression. You are a wonderful person with a difficult issue and you will rise in spite of it. I can't tell you enough how important it is to make this your daily routine even when you are feeling good. Long term depression comes out of nowhere so don't ask why as there could be a million reasons. In addition, you may want to consider seeing a doctor who can prescribe medication. Remember this....If you wait to get motivated or wait until the depression subsides, you may be waiting a very long time. You are going to get through this!

Really upset. Man and woman , the parents I presume, a nationality often prejudiced against here, had their child about 3 or 4 yrs old in bus shack seat, holding him upside down with head hanging down off seat as he cried his eyes out. His face was all red, father was laughing, mother angry and kept shouting at kid , "WHO ARE YOU?? until he would say, " Nobody", over and over. My bus came just then or I would have intervened. Should have intervened. Instead F*ck me- I said and did NOTHING. 🥺😢😭 On Easter yet. Kid should be getting candy and love and kindness! Poor poor child. 😫😭😡 . And forty years later I still can't open my mouth and get it right. 😭

Last edited:
just plain old. worn out by 1 year olds. like i am wearing a heavy yoke earned only by those who are seeing their grandkids grow. Pride balanced with fear and a sense of being older and luckier than i thought i would ever be.

Other than a blizzard headed this way, so many things have gone right the last couple of days it's scary. I feel grateful, uneasy the bottom will fall out, almost ashamed/ not entitled. Thankful.

Also read something consoling, I went to copy it but was too tired but came to me to just read it instead, eerily relevant and dated nearly 5 years to the day.

I feel exhausted physically and mentally from work, I've just come off 10 days of night shift. Its not an entirely unpleasant feeling especially since I have the house to myself right now and I can just sleep as much as I want without being bothered.

Back