• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you good at???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you teach me??? Please??!!!

Both of these are excellent things to be good at which I happen to suck at.

Congrats to

Yo RusselSue.. I am okay meaning= Having ambivalences, insecure grounds, still scanning for those who seem to ignore/dislike me, the survival scanner is still active but it’s activity has leasend massively. It’s something like the Alanis Morissette video ironic, all of me‘s in the car and the today me is driving the car knowing that we all have our voices.. we all know each other well and they come down finally to me the driver.

I wish I was more motivated about learning things like you Do..

So we all are doing the best we can (Everyone with their own interpretation of what’s suppose to be the best)

Dunno. Singing, specially improv and writing songs?
Pretty decent at cooking. Trauma recovery, maybe?

Analyzing large amounts of diverse data and crunching it down into accessable ways for others to benefit from, I think.

I am highly sensorally, energetically, sensitive, so I think I am a bit of a "canary in the coal mine" and I have the high IQ thing that often comes with being a socially awkward oddball Asper.

I can absorb and make sense of loads of multi level meanings within sensory input, and turn it into sense and observations that, I guess, are both "scientifically" sound, and intergrative of many, sometimes, seemingly conflicting cultural, "spiritual"(for want of a better word), and paradoxical points of reference.

I am defs multi disciplinary in my scientific/Spiritual/cultural focus(es). A bit too obsessed with my independant cultural social science study(s), I did study "culture", cultural theory, at uni, but diverged, very significantly, away from the trends and focuses taught to me there. Fascinations include transcendant experiences, psychology, religions, religious history, anecdotal accounts of anomalous non ordinary high strangeness, folklore, power structures, environmental recovery and ecology, botany, off grid living, the therapeutic use of art forms and practises of a variety of crafts, neuroscience, neurodivergence, and the healing powers of nature's bounty.

Well, when in early therapy (years ago), and I was asked this question my only answer was sex and that's because it is all I knew after years of sexual child abuse. However, since then, I have come to know myself a bit better. I am good at wording things to make them more palatable for the listener, I am a good mediator, I am good at reading people's feelings, and I am good at being a 70s hippie. 🤩 I would like to say that I am good at understanding quantum physics but I am afraid most of it is a bit over my head.

Ahhhhh @Lionheart I‘d Love to have a talk with you about quantum Philosophy.. physics you’ll have to teach me.
Yes, we can talk about quantum philosophy at some point but I really don't understand physics at all. I would teach you tho if I understood it myself. I am afraid that it is wishful thinking on my part. I wish I was smarter because I would like to explore the idea that the universe is a hologram, but it flies right over my head. 😄

am afraid that it is wishful thinking on my part. I wish I was smarter because I would like to explore the idea that the universe is a hologram, but it flies right over my head.
We’d have a good laugh, I don’t understand much either. Smartness is boring I heard Lionheart, it’s the flexibility which is interesting.. dreaming, wishful thinking means you are flexible, there’s space to Blossom.

Driving, Guitar, cleanliness and cleaning. Cooking. What’s good though? You mightn’t think I’m very good lol. Even I say it hesitantly. : ) I’m good at being bad, but I’m not that good at it. I had a guy tell me the other day he was in the mafia. I said the only thing I’ve ever been held for was a speeding ticket. Thanks I appreciate positivity.

cleanliness and cleaning.
Must admit that I Do idealize cleanliness, for me (Very private idea, might be a slightly absurd one) It’s a sign of being disciplined, I also value myself so I clean and keep the space where I live in good order. Even in the darkest times my space is usually quite okayishly clean and in order. But, I remember I mentioned the dirty bathtub. When my surrounding is messy my mind is chaotic.. so cleaning and neatness is also an attempt to clean the inner

Bushcrafting, living in the wild, being friendly (even though I feel shy) wood carving and cyr wheeling. I'm also good at taming feral cats so they're adoptable.

Here's an example of a box I made...
Cyr wheeling??? That is astounding to me! I get sick to my stomach watching people on cyr wheels.

Also, I have two 6-year-old cats that I found under a house and tamed but I do not consider them adoptable in large part because I was not a good tamer. The curtains I put up a month ago are already trash. Luckily, I knew this would happen and bought cheap curtains. I might consider investing in chain mail curtains in the future.

wording things to make them more palatable for the listener
I am naturally pretty tactless. I have really tried to work on this and since I don't get told off while I am online hardly ever anymore, I suspect that I have improved, but it often takes a lot of work for me.

I would like to say that I am good at understanding quantum physics
Me too. But alas, they dropped me into the gifted program in private high school, handed me a copy of The Dancing Wu Li Masters (a 1979 plain language book meant to simplify quantum physics), and discovered that I did not have the attention span for all that. I may do better with it today but am more interested in neuroscience and save my scientific brain energy for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back