• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you good at???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you would put guitar on your list of things you are good at, I know you are better at playing guitar than I am. That is something I still really want to learn and get good at.

I am amazed at the number of people around here who have managed to maintain the attention and consistency to learn and retain musical ability. I wish I had stuck with the musical instruments but they went by the wayside.

Cyr wheeling??? That is astounding to me! I get sick to my stomach watching people on cyr wheels.

Also, I have two 6-year-old cats that I found under a house and tamed but I do not consider them adoptable in large part because I was not a good tamer. The curtains I put up a month ago are already trash. Luckily, I knew this would happen and bought cheap curtains. I might consider investing in chain mail curtains in the future.
Cyr wheeling at home since I no longer perform publicly, is my freedom. I had lost the ability for years after the plane accident, but have spent many years regaining the ability. To me, it represents overcoming the impossible and my inner clown goes wild.

If you design chain mail curtains, you may have a best seller! Medieval enthusiasts, steampunkers, and cat owners as well as those who go for unique style will enjoy that!

It was kind of you to give the cats a home! Scratching posts are great but there's always a rebel that goes for other things. For the rebel in my house, I got blinds and solved the problem, but I did have to put the pull-string up at the top. They may let you trim their nails...start by a gentle foot massage and after a few times, introduce nail clippers. You can feel good that (nails or not) you probably saved their lives! Good luck with them and best wishes to you!

Attachments

• 20201016_150052.jpg
    20201016_150052.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 134
Well, if you would put guitar on your list of things you are good at, I know you are better at playing guitar than I am. That is something I still really want to learn and get good at.

I am amazed at the number of people around here who have managed to maintain the attention and consistency to learn and retain musical ability. I wish I had stuck with the musical instruments but they went by the wayside.
I tried guitar lessons and it was hopeless! I'd love to learn, love the sound!

Oh, oh! Me, too! Granted, I may be better at it than you because I am good at making people uncomfortable even when I am not anxious. But don't let that discourage you; you know that they say -- practice makes perfect, right? 😂

That's a good one. I wish more people were good at learning efficient ways of doing things, especially people in small towns. A lot of small town populations seem to be too laid back to care, though.
I'm good at living in a small town. I love it here.

Must admit that I Do idealize cleanliness, for me (Very private idea, might be a slightly absurd one) It’s a sign of being disciplined, I also value myself so I clean and keep the space where I live in good order. Even in the darkest times my space is usually quite okayishly clean and in order. But, I remember I mentioned the dirty bathtub. When my surrounding is messy my mind is chaotic.. so cleaning and neatness is also an attempt to clean the inner
I wish you could explain how to keep things clean and organized. My apartment is a disaster area.

Don't give up! Try a different teacher. You might be amazed.
Thanks! I tried the teaching myself book and sticker set, that failed. Next I tried with an instructor, no improvement. I suppose a new instructor couldn't be a complete waste...maybe the little I learned from all 3 methods will kick in! I won't try to learn to sing...every dog around will howl! Haha!

What about you? What are you good at?
Nada. There are a lot of things I used to be good at. Many things I used to be decent-ish at. But lately? There’s sweet f*ck all.

You actually have to do shit, to be good at it. I’m not even good at doing nothing. On the upside? Never have been. I try to be gracious about it, but usually end up a bit fractious, anyway.

wish you could explain how to keep things clean and organized
@Changing4Best Do have my cupboards of horror, like old receipts from 1995 coming out flying. Most sections are clean and okay because it feels like I have >>>things under control>>> it also is about controlling the inner. Have you tried to put music up loud and then clean? After that honoring yourself with something delightful?
having a clean, neat place is another way of coping also.

I'm good at anything to do with working with my hands. I spent alot of time alone threw out my life so I've always gravitated towards just learning skills like wood working ,auto mechanics, furniture restoration/upolstery and construction. Pretty much a jack off all trades and a master of none. It runs in the family. My father's father was a rough and tumble I can fix any thing build anything and drive anything. Along with my grandma they restored a log house that was built in the 1878. One day I'd love to build a primitive log cabin and live off the land. Spend my summers growing a garden and chopping firewood and spend winters in a work shop using manual tools to build furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back