• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are your pet peeves ?

Well in spoken english tis very easy indeed ah for aww is long, and ah for ah or ahah is short. But for some reason it's as if written english never heard of this use of the word ah. I'm wondering what happens in books now. I shall keep an eye out. :shifty:

I am quite bothered. ;)

I had planned to veg out in front of the TV rather than the computer, for a change, to watch some mindless chick flicks, however, 3 out of 4 of them have been showing x-mas shit 24/7 for like over a week now, way BEFORE Helloween, and it won't be ending any damn time soon. Glad there's other avenues of distraction to pacify me until at least January. Fa-la-f'n-la

I had planned to veg out in front of the TV rather than the computer, for a change, to watch some mindless chick flicks, however, 3 out of 4 of them have been showing x-mas shit 24/7 for like over a week now, way BEFORE Helloween, and it won't be ending any damn time soon. Glad there's other avenues of distraction to pacify me until at least January. Fa-la-f'n-la

You got Netflix or Prime? There are other choices....but I'm sorry you are not feeling the holiday spirit. The holidays for many of us can be a downer.

If you leave the keys in the car, on average, once a week? And once in 4 years I’ve left the keys in the car? Your screaming and caterwauling is probably not as justified as you think it is. :shifty:

Especially not when I left them in the car for a grand total of 20 feet. Yep. Walk up to the house. Reach in pocket. Walk back to car. In white picket fence suburbia. On a dead end street.

I am deeply unimpressed.

@Friday......love yours.....totally resonates!
Traveling and keeping stress low over finding important shxt in my purse or on my body: phone, credit cards, reading glasses, paper money, passport, and license. Now you'd think that the purse, for a female, is the ideal solution but every purse I have either doesn't have enough compartments, the right compartments, cumbersome to access, and all of them during stress-filled times (or when it begins to rain or ice or snow or I go thru an airport...... become a huge black hole. I can stand there for what feels like 10 minutes looking for my keys, credit card, or cash.....and they are right there....in the black hole.....deeply burried....in the dark.

Yep, @TruthSeeker . Thankfully, I have Netflix, do the Red Box thing, and have Gaia, as well as good ol' You Tube University and such. That's why I mentioned, "Glad there's other avenues of distraction to pacify me until at least January." Also grateful to be easily entertained by what I call my "Hippie TV", which is simply looking out the window. There's currently 3 love doves and a bright red cardinal on that channel. :)

All these f'n smells (a.k.a. neurotoxins) of the hellidays, and beyond, are taking their toll on my hell-th. 'Tis the season of stank on steroids, and then some.

Grateful for the opportunities to wear masks that make my claustrophobic self feel like I'm being smothered, and for chances to repeatedly practice survival skills in every public arena I visit, as well as the chance to kindly heighten someone else's awareness as to how they may be making themselves/their children/their elderly family members/their pets/their customers/etc. more miserable and symptomatic than they could ever imagine by choosing to use petrochemical based and essential oil based fragranced products.

Why Go Fragrance Free? - Invisible Disabilities® Association

But, more often than not, it's blank or bothered stares and a whole lot of "I don't cares" that greet my attempts to escape as I try to educate regarding this particular disabling condition(s). Oh well, I didn't pay any attention or take it seriously, either, until I was practically bed ridden and too sick to do anything but make time to pay attention and look deeper...just like my dietary habits. All I can do is plant seeds and keep my "exquisitely sensitive self" (as my cardiologist likes to refer to me) out of the danger zones. Grateful for my one and only safe space. There's no place like home.

I am not sure it’s a peeve but it just made me a bit frustrated and does when it happens.

Sleep can be Difficult with ptsd, right ? So I was just falling asleep in the most blissfully relaxed way ; to tired even to put on my audiobook!!( breakthrough). Then a car revved playing racing driver on the road ; scared the animals, so one of the dogs was startled, and leapt onto my bed, right into my chest. Peeve is I guess the driver? The dog? I used to be ok about being woken up but ... wow, this was going to be a breakthrough night.

Back