• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you like to do for positive alone time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mines gardening. Out there yesterday raking up leaves and getting rid of weeds. I can lose myself for hours. Spring time it’s growing things in my greenhouse, buying plug plants or buying anything I haven’t got from other peoples plant collection.

I struggle with this so much. Self care is hard for me, so I do little things. I sit out on my balcony and listen to the birds and do deep breathing and try not to think about anything. It helps clear my head. I try to get out of the house and do one small thing each day, even if it's just driving around for a while.

I struggle with this so much. Self care is hard for me, so I do little things. I sit out on my balcony and listen to the birds and do deep breathing and try not to think about anything. It helps clear my head. I try to get out of the house and do one small thing each day, even if it's just driving around for a while.
Love it Sues thanks for the reminder. I'm on med withdrawal and I'm moving bout that speed today .

I don't have any hobbies at the moment but I just put music on my favourite radio stations and meditate. I'm a bit of a worrier but I try to just let my mind process all the thoughts and emotions. I used to play guitar alot but that's when I was drinking. I find it difficult to switch off and focus but I'm going to try and read more.

Cook for myself. Making breakfast starts my day off the right way. Get up, do something, assess where I am for the day. My wife is "at work" by the time I gt up so I'm alone when I'm cooking.
Other than that, reading or listening to music mostly.

I do not get much of that but when I do my ideal day is a nice summer, going for some walks, enjoying some music, working on some projects, making dinner later, maybe set myself up something fun to do the next day for a little adventure in my life. There was a week last summer where I was all alone, it was one of the best times of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back