• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What helps you connect to your feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I guess that I'm lucky at this stage of my life. I have the luxury of re-creating the isolation and loneliness that I felt as a child. I have been living in a camper for several months with very little human interaction. I've done this intentionally because it has helped to amplify my emotions. Making it much easier for me to feel them coming on and to identify them. So, I don't have the normal distractions of every day life and work that can complicate that process. I feel that I have made great progress but it has been very painful.
I sort of do the same thing except that I take care of elderly people so I sit around all day with them and can connect easier.

I sort of do the same thing except that I take care of elderly people so I sit around all day with them and can connect easier.
It's good that you can be around them during this virus time. Some of my most enjoyable conversations have been with wise elderly women and men to a lesser degree. :-)

It's good that you can be around them during this virus time. Some of my most enjoyable conversations have been with wise elderly women and men to a lesser degree. :)
So how has your “research” been coming along? I have made a lot of progress in the past 2 years! I am so happy that you discovered the same thing I did - isolating helps me connect to my feelings quicker and easier than being around people.

So how has your “research” been coming along? I have made a lot of progress in the past 2 years! I am so happy that you discovered the same thing I did - isolating helps me connect to my feelings quicker and easier than being around people.
My latest book is Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents. It has helped me to understand the parts of me that are unbalanced. It's also helped me to set expectations of what I can expect from others. The Tao of Fully Feeling has helped with seeing others emotional potential based on their ability to grieve. Complex PTSD has been the most insightful for me to understand who I am. My Fawn-Fight/freeze(?) it seems to fit me best although I'm never violent nor loud... The Happy Empath's Workbook I'm just starting in hopes that it will help me to be a better listener. I think that I'm okay at it, but I could be a lot better. Then there's The Complex PTSD Workbook which I'm hoping will help with behaviors that I have become accustomed to that aren't in my best interest. Like becoming almost irrationally driven to be with someone that wants connection with me and is attractive to me. I'm also seeing an energy healer that is helping me with my attachment issues and other coping issues. What have you figured out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back