• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Music / Song Do You Listen To When PTSD Is In Full Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOV SILENCE...and everyone else.

We are the Ones - Sweet honey in the Rock

is this the african women's group NS? i LOVE THEM and saw them live a few years ago. forgot about them. it is beautiful music, we got to meet them. they are lovely women, full of grace and style that is for sure.

cool. i like all the posts, it's funny how we deal differently with our moods. i definitely don't need angry music, i find when i listen to it it agitates even more. but for others it is a release. i thought maybe there would be a certain song that everyone has in common, but outside of PINK FLOYD (HOLLA!) i think we're all pretty different.:moon: always wanted to use that icon.

hmmm

ok.. I like so many varieties of music I couldnt begin to name them all.. ya know.. depends on the mood.. Pink.. (strong) Joan Jett.. (strong) Clapton, Floyd, Eagles, Steve Miller.. (mellow me) Metallica.. Nickelback.. Hinder.. (rock me!!) Right now for some bizarre reason, Bette Midler's 'The Rose is playing on the computer.. KILLS ME.. (sang it a my mothers funeral) uggh.. clicking to next song.. ok.. new song by 'The Charlatans'.. 'Blackened Blue Eyes'.. I like it. :music:

Bette Midler.

i know i posted this somewhere. but i grew up hoping/wishing/thinking she was my birth mother. it got me thru. and still sometimes does. :occasion:

I love Midler's funny, strong.. dont take no shit from anyone attitude.. she reminds me of the way my mom was. she rocks !! :tongue:

This is one song I discovered last week, very much enjoy and will be listening to when ptsd is in full effect.

Track: Bitch
Artist: Meredith Brooks
Album: Blurring the Edges

I hate the world today.
Your so good to me, I know but I can’t change.
Tried to tell you but you look at me like maybe I’m an angel underneath. Innocent and sweet.
Yesterday I cried, must have been relieved to see the softer side
I can understand how you’d be so confused.
I don’t envy you.
I’m a little bit of everything all rolled into one.

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint.

I do not feel ashamed.

I’m your help, I’m your dream. I’m nothing in between. You know you wouldn’t want it any other way.

So take me as I am.
This may mean that you’ll have to be a stronger man.
Rest assured that when I start to make you nervous and I’m going to extremes, tomorrow I will change and today won’t mean a thing.

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint.

I do not feel ashamed.

I’m your help, I’m your dream, I’m nothing in between. You know you wouldn’t want it any other way.

Just when you think you’ve got me figured out, the seasons already changing. I think its cool you do what you do and don’t try to save me.

I’m a bitch, I‘m a lover, I‘m a child, I‘m a mother, I‘m a sinner, I‘m a saint.

I do not feel ashamed.

I‘m your help, I‘m your dream, I‘m nothing in between. You know you wouldn‘t want it any other way.

I’m a bitch, I’m a tease, I’m a goddess on my knees. When your hurt when you suffer I’m an angel undercover. I’m enough, I’m alive. Can’t say I’m not alive. You know I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Also, Another song, I've really enjoyed is:
Track: Tears of a Clown
Artist: Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Album: Ultimate Collection

Deicide, System of the Down, Green Days.
And this one, I do not know who made it:
I can't escape this hell,
So many times I've tried...

And some songs in Russian language.

I love 'Bitch'! When PTSD grips me, I listen to Evanescence, my immortal if sad, whisper and lithium and every other song they have the rest of the time. Also like Green Day.

On non-crappy days I pretty much love everything, Pink, Britney, Christina Aguilera, Avril, James Morrison, The Killers, Travis, Rock, Punk, Metallica, Funky House, Garage, Pop, Indie, new stuff, old stuff, mega old stuff... just love music.

at moment up and down a bit but creedance clearwater are playing, i aint no fortunate son, run through the jungle, up around the bend, im bit of an oldie with music, depends how im feeling, sometimes ride of the valkyries or 1812 , maybe motorhead, if im working myself up to do something, sometimes when im seeking peace, quiet peaceful stuff, depends what state im in at the time, could be looking out my back door, or a peaceful movement like greensleeves, all depends.

Music

Songs that keep me running:

Absurd Minds - Essence
Moby - Extreme Ways
Faithless - The Long Way Home

Healing music

I just love the jazz music of the twenties and thirties. Depression era music was so positive and uplifting and fantastically witty that I listen to nothing else now. Some of the music I grew up with in the sixties was so far up its own arse, it depressed me. :crazy-eye

Modern music mostly drives me mad and its everywhere you go now, on buses, trains and in bars......Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :crazy:

There is an internet radio station that is devoted to that eras music called Absinthe and its free. Helps cheer me up anyways. :thumbs-up

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back